The wow factor driver ?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I was having a debate with one of my mates the other day about how all the new drivers are as long as each other these days .He thinks no and that Taylormade always produce the longer bombers ,what driver have you hit and thought wow compared to your current gamed club .i like my titleist 915 d2 because I’m pretty consistent with it, I’d happily take 10yards shorter and on the fairway .

D

Deleted member 15344

What would you think it means clever clogs or is this an attempt at being funny in front of your virtual friends?

A guy pretending to be someone else suggests someone else is trying to be funny on a forum 🤨

D

Deleted Member 1156

What would you think it means clever clogs or is this an attempt at being funny in front of your virtual friends?

I'm guessing it's an American expression so as you're American maybe you could explain it to me?

ps.....any chance you could send me your autograph?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A guy pretending to be someone else suggests someone else is trying to be funny on a forum 🤨

Whats up with some people. The great Tiger Woods graces us with his presence on the forum (and even posts a piccie to prove its him) yet some still want to call him out as a fake :whoo:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
On topic guys please
I believe the term “Gaming” refers to the current make / model of clubs you are playing with, yes it is an awful phrase, but it does seem one that our cross Atlantic friends have picked up.

Think it’s time to put up the tax on tea 👍😂

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This forum is tedious :mad:

I game a taylormade M2, the original. Think it is stuck on hook setting, can't work how to turn that off!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some of the big bombers on the pro circuit use TM so big bombing amateurs will likely follow them. The chances are both would bomb it with whatever club they are using but it is almost like a self fulfilling prophecy. Clever old sponsorship and product placement doing its work.

Most at my club seem to use either the TM M2 or a Callaway of some sort. Not sure why but there you go.

I don't bomb it, more a pop, but at the moment it is playing nicely and going pretty darn straight. After many years of being all over I can confirm that straight is far more fun than OOB or lost in the thick rough.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If anyone needs some help understanding how the English language has developed over time, here is a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_English. It will of course continue to evolve over time, whether people like it or not.

In answer to the original question, I like TaylorMade drivers, partly because I have had some decent success with them. However, the one I have hit the longest in my time playing golf was a Ping G5, but I haven't hit any other Ping I've tried well. I like drivers that I hit well, and that's nothing to do with the driver; just how I happen to be swinging on the day I have it in my hand!

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
My bad I’ve caused riots by saying gaming didn’t think nothing of it and I’m welsh so could be a welsh golf saying too now 😝