The Scottish Open

Hoganman1

Visit site
I love the Scottish Open. Next to the four majors, it might be my favorite tournament. The beautiful Renaissance Club is such a great course and the international field makes for compelling viewing for the fans. Also, Scotland is one of my favorite places on earth. Not only were many of my ancestors born there, but though they were few; my visits there have all been wonderful. I've often dreamed of living there, especially now with so much turmoil in the states. Alas, at age 74 it's doubtful that dream will ever come true. I guess I will have to be satisfied to spend two wonderful weeks in July every year watching golf and living vicariously through Britbox TV shows.

C7usk

Visit site
I love the Scottish Open. Next to the four majors, it might be my favorite tournament. The beautiful Renaissance Club is such a great course and the international field makes for compelling viewing for the fans. Also, Scotland is one of my favorite places on earth. Not only were many of my ancestors born there, but though they were few; my visits there have all been wonderful. I've often dreamed of living there, especially now with so much turmoil in the states. Alas, at age 74 it's doubtful that dream will ever come true. I guess I will have to be satisfied to spend two wonderful weeks in July every year watching golf and living vicariously through Britbox TV shows.
Got to agree Hoganman... It is a quality tournament... Good to see so many top players making the effort prior to the Open. Not managed to get to it this year but have enjoyed it when I have.
Defo sounds like some turmoil your side of the pond tonight for sure. Not good at all... Hopefully you manage another trip over...

simsini

Visit site
For the same reasons why the PGA moved away from his courses in the US
The European Tour doesn't have the same issues as the PGA Tour, so I would understand it for the Scottish Open as it is co-sanctioned. No reason why they wouldn't play the British Masters there for example.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The European Tour doesn't have the same issues as the PGA Tour, so I would understand it for the Scottish Open as it is co-sanctioned. No reason why they wouldn't play the British Masters there for example.

I also don’t see the British Masters leaving from the parkland courses it has now

LIV could end up at Turnberry

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree, the Scottish Open is a great event.
Despite being 10 minutes from my house, I would like to see it move on from Renaissance.
Plenty other fine links courses where it could be held.
If I remember, when it was played further north there were far fewer spectators attending due to the travelling problems. The Central Belt is more suited for access and there are plenty courses, both links and inland, that would be capable of hosting the event. However how many would want to?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I remember, when it was played further north there were far fewer spectators attending due to the travelling problems. The Central Belt is more suited for access and there are plenty courses, both links and inland, that would be capable of hosting the event. However how many would want to?
Having it on a links course is a must to keep the top players playing in it.

sunshine

Visit site
Having it on a links course is a must to keep the top players playing in it.
Although when it used to be at Loch Lomond there was always a very strong field.

(But Tiger never played in it because he always wanted to play links before the Open).

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think Tiger has ever played the Scottish Open.

I had a quick look at this, can only find that he's never won it (the article didn't say he never played it) then looked at the results no second places.. wonder if he has ever played it!