The Renaissance club.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cost November to March is roughly £400 for a 4 ball includes 1 mandatory caddy, not sure if a tip is required as well.
Any advice, is it worth it or advisable for 4 mid to high handicappers 13 to 19 to play ?
TIA.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Cost November to March is roughly £400 for a 4 ball includes 1 mandatory caddy, not sure if a tip is required as well.
Any advice, is it worth it or advisable for 4 mid to high handicappers 13 to 19 to play ?
TIA.
Not much help but from a cost point of view we're playing Dumbarnie on Thursday and it's £85. Not played that or the Renaissance but Dumbarnie is a brand new course.
Just if that gives you some perspective.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not much help but from a cost point of view we're playing Dumbarnie on Thursday and it's £85. Not played that or the Renaissance but Dumbarnie is a brand new course.
Just if that gives you some perspective.
I've heard Dumbarnie is a good track so hopefully we'll try it next year, but was wondering if the Renaissance was maybe too long for an old codger like me :cry:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
TIA.

Wasn't impressed by the course at all and can't help but feel with the land and setting the course could have - should have been much better.

Royal Troon is MILES better as is Muirfield for the same deal/cheaper possibly from memory.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think the current SG offer is much less, but you do have to have a forecaddy.

i was lucky to play it a few years ago, and i enjoyed it, its a very American style course and typical of a Tom Doak des.

i don't remember it being particularly difficult, though some of the greens were tricky with lots of run offs

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn't impressed by the course at all and can't help but feel with the land and setting the course could have - should have been much better.

Royal Troon is MILES better as is Muirfield for the same deal/cheaper possibly from memory.
We've entered the ballot for both this year again, we got the chance of Muirfield last year but couldn't make the date offered, so fingers crossed this time (y)

Siolag

Visit site
The Dukes at St Andrews is currently £30 for Scottish Golf members.

Royal Troon have a winter deal on, but the postage stamp is out of play.

Not fitting in with the links theme, but 4 ball at Gleneagles is currently £225 until March at certain times of day.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Dukes at St Andrews is currently £30 for Scottish Golf members.

Royal Troon have a winter deal on, but the postage stamp is out of play.

Not fitting in with the links theme, but 4 ball at Gleneagles is currently £225 until March at certain times of day.

It is a pity about the postage stamp but the "winter" green is still a good hole.