The ranking of sporting achievements

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
59 in Golf
9darter in Darts
147 in Snooker
300 (perfect game) in 10 pin bowling

Which do you think is the toughest achievement from them four?

D

Deleted member 15344

All achievements are hard but a 59 is more rare than the others

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do know of a chap who got a 147, course record at his golf club, 100 against the MCC at Lords, got Olympic Gold, won Wimbledon & played footy for Man City, Chelsea and England and beat Charlie Chaplin at table tennis using a butter knife instead of a bat!

Now that's a sporting achievement!

Slime.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I do know of a chap who got a 147, course record at his golf club, 100 against the MCC at Lords, got Olympic Gold, won Wimbledon & played footy for Man City, Chelsea and England and beat Charlie Chaplin at table tennis using a butter knife instead of a bat!

Slime.

Charlie Chaplin was crap at table tennis, takes the gloss off it for me.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I'd go for a 147 to be honest as the place you have to do it on never varies. Where as some courses are a lot easier than others. Plus I suspect I have got closer to getting a 59 at golf then I have getting anywhere near a 147 at snooker. On both occasions I was miles away, but only 20 odd shots at golf as opposed to 125 odd points at snooker.

C

c1973

Slime.

Was it Wilson the wonder athlete by any chance? :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
59 in Golf
9darter in Darts
147 in Snooker
300 (perfect game) in 10 pin bowling

Which do you think is the toughest achievement from them four?

Trouble with a 59 is that its not perfect.
All the others are.
And what's a 59 anyway..?
What's better - 59 on a par 70 or 60 on a par 72....?

D

Deleted member 18588

Trouble with a 59 is that its not perfect.
All the others are.
And what's a 59 anyway..?
What's better - 59 on a par 70 or 60 on a par 72....?

Plus with a 59 the score can include at least one bad shot from which the player recovered. With a 9 dart finish or a 300 this would be virtually impossible and also pretty unlikely in a 147 where there is only 37 shots.

G

guest100718

155 in snooker...... The rarest of all. I think just the one on record.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plus with a 59 the score can include at least one bad shot from which the player recovered. With a 9 dart finish or a 300 this would be virtually impossible and also pretty unlikely in a 147 where there is only 37 shots.

The difference between a 59 and the other 3 is that the conditions change depending on where one is playing. So there are times when it will be easier than others. Whereas in Darts, Snooker and Bowling the conditions (i.e dartboard, snooker table or lane) are always the same. So players can groove a certain technique leg after leg or frame after frame. For me there is more chance of recovering on a golf course but more variation in shots used.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
i think the flaw is in using 59 from golf for comparison

a better fit would be comparing a hole in one/albatross against those others, after all even at amateur level no snooker/darts match is being decided by one frame/leg

G

guest100718

i think the flaw is in using 59 from golf for comparison

a better fit would be comparing a hole in one/albatross against those others, after all even at amateur level no snooker/darts match is being decided by one frame/leg

Not really, an ace is just lucky.

And sub 60 rounds are not as uncommon as people probably think.