The Open Championship Betting Thread

U

User62651

Also gone E/W on Fowler and Rose.
Willhill were offering 1-7 places for E/W which seems generous. Fowlers had a week to practice and get rid of any jetlag at Royal Aberdeen so hoping he can have a good one.
Can't see Tiger doing anything, the course is playing nothing like 2006, he'll need driver this week when the windy wet weekend weather kicks in.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bet Fair are doing the top 8 places for an each way bet

D

Deleted member 15344

But arent best price on almost any player so youre actually getting a worse overall bet on most players, especially the win part

I have no idea - I haven't the first clue about betting mate

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Also gone E/W on Fowler and Rose.
Willhill were offering 1-7 places for E/W which seems generous. Fowlers had a week to practice and get rid of any jetlag at Royal Aberdeen so hoping he can have a good one.
Can't see Tiger doing anything, the course is playing nothing like 2006, he'll need driver this week when the windy wet weekend weather kicks in.

Ive been watching Fowler in recent Opens and thought he might have one in him as he plots his way round a links course very well, thing is he finds it hard to close a tournament usually choking right at the end, he could be right up there but finishing it off is a different matter.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gona take Fowler each way purely cos I think he'll finish high after good showings at the first two majors and the match play. Another good week last week and he loves links golf.

Also gona take a few others but not decided who, need to have a look as to who's playing well and who's played good at links.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It might be worth factoring in the weather.

Looks like the wind is fairly steady on Thursday (though slightly favouring the morning wave), but Friday is windy in the morning and eases off quite a bit by later in the afternoon.

So picking a player from thurs am/fri pm tee times might yield results.

On that basis, mcdowell, kuchar, stenson, spieth, fowler and cabrera might be worth a punt. Broberg is a good dark horse.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mickelson
Fowler
Rose
Kaymer
Scott

Backed all 5 with Rose being my best possible outcome as I have backed him twice already ante posts, once before his recent hot streak @ 33s, once at 20s and now again at his current price of around 14s. Has won majors, is in form, plays links courses and has a swing that not many can rival.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Westwood is 70/1 , thats a good price for him , not sure how he has been playing, but e/w thats a good bet

Hayden allatt

Visit site
Mickelson
Fowler
Rose
Kaymer
Scott

Backed all 5 with Rose being my best possible outcome as I have backed him twice already ante posts, once before his recent hot streak @ 33s, once at 20s and now again at his current price of around 14s. Has won majors, is in form, plays links courses and has a swing that not many can rival.

Like all your picks and my best bet on rose too,