The Open Championship Betting Thread

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
For me;
Adam Scott 18/1 sporting bet, Open winner Masters winner best player in the world right now.
Matt Kuchar 40/1 william hill, recent US tour winner and a great run of form this year, good price.
Tiger Woods 20/1 sporting bet, plays to 90% will win it and 20/1!!
Shane Lowry 150/1 Stan james, great links and bad weather player which is The Open.
Jordan Speith 40/1 coral, when this guys good he's very good and showing some form again
Paul Lawrie 150/1 spread ex, the links master has to be picked and finished well at the Scottish Open
Paul Casey 50/1 bet victor,showing some really good form recently and I reckon he's got a major in him

Outsiders;
Erik Compton 250/1 betfred, you've got to hand it to this guy he's on his 3rd heart and can play he was runner up in the US Open
Todd Hamilton 1000/1 betfred, past Open winner and actually been showing some decent form in the US
John Singleton 1500/1 bet 365, forklift driver qualifier, just has to be done

Just my choice guys , whats yours?.

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
Tiger being that short is a bit of a Hail Mary. I guess if that's where the bookies are opening on him then they've taken the view that he could pull out a vintage week and burn them.

I'd love to see him or Jason Day get it done, but my money would be on Speith, Stenson and Rose (having not checked the odds yet) to win it and I expect Tiger to struggle to make the cut.

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site
Stevie Gallacher has to be a bet for next week. Been flushing it all week but putter hasn't fired the first 3 days.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me;
Adam Scott 18/1 sporting bet, Open winner Masters winner best player in the world right now.
Matt Kuchar 40/1 william hill, recent US tour winner and a great run of form this year, good price.
Tiger Woods 20/1 sporting bet, plays to 90% will win it and 20/1!!
Shane Lowry 150/1 Stan james, great links and bad weather player which is The Open.
Jordan Speith 40/1 coral, when this guys good he's very good and showing some form again
Paul Lawrie 150/1 spread ex, the links master has to be picked and finished well at the Scottish Open
Paul Casey 50/1 bet victor,showing some really good form recently and I reckon he's got a major in him

Outsiders;
Erik Compton 250/1 betfred, you've got to hand it to this guy he's on his 3rd heart and can play he was runner up in the US Open
Todd Hamilton 1000/1 betfred, past Open winner and actually been showing some decent form in the US

Adam Scott ain't won the Open.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Paddypower are paying out to 7th place e/w so I might have a flutter on an outsider to place. Bernd Weisberger is available at 1000/1

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me;

Outsiders;

Maurice Flitcroft (crane driving non qualifier) ????/1

Jordan Spieth
Matt Kuchar
Tommy Fleetwood

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Maurice Flitcroft (crane driving non qualifier) ????/1

Jordan Spieth
Matt Kuchar
Tommy Fleetwood
Can thoroughly recommend the book about Flitcroft called "The Phantom Of The Open", at first I thought this guy is just wastimg he's and everbody else's time but the more you get into the story you see that Flitcroft was obsessed with the game, he may not have been very good at the game but nobody can deny he was 100% golfer who loved to play.

Last edited:

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tommy is with John Daley, not sure thats a good draw for him?, can I change my mind?
why not a good draw BIG JOHN is a top guy and if nothing else TOMMY will have some new polos and slacks after john has done a deal with him 2for1 on new stock my friend,my best image is of JD in his truck parked outside the AUGUSTA NATIONAL entrance selling his range of clothing,puffing on a fag and drinking his coke as he sat in a deck chair,proper guy.

D

Deleted member 15344

why not a good draw BIG JOHN is a top guy and if nothing else TOMMY will have some new polos and slacks after john has done a deal with him 2for1 on new stock my friend,my best image is of JD in his truck parked outside the AUGUSTA NATIONAL entrance selling his range of clothing,puffing on a fag and drinking his coke as he sat in a deck chair,proper guy.

Do you mean a alcoholic who has drunk away his fortune and talent and resorted to selling clothes outside Augusta ?! Yeah that's a real proper guy

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've got an obvious 3 of Scott (16's), Stenson (16's) and Kaymer (22's)

Then a couple of outsiders with Furyk (60's), Snedeker (50's) and Steele (300)

All with PP paying 1/4 odds 1-7.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Backed Gallagher at 150s a little while back, will add a couple more weds night when the weather impact on draw a bit clearer, quite fancy Stenson to go well and hard to argue Rose is the man in form. Woods price getting very close to being too big to ignore as well. Also plan to back McIlroy 1st round leader (pure stats bet) and will add a few for top 10/20 as well (Gallagher, Donaldson, Willet, Ilonen, Olesen)

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I know Tiger has had an op and missed the cut in he's last event but what is going on, Ladbrokes are offering 25/1 for him to win The Open :eek:oo:
Have the bookies forgotten about his ability and before his operation the fact he was world number one? I''m not saying its a forgone conclusion that Tiger will win it but when was the last time in any tourney he was at such big odds.Worth a punt at those odds....

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Each way I've backed

Fowler @ 40/1
Gallagher @ 80/1
Donaldson @ 300/1.

All three finished very strongly last weekend, Fowlers been there or thereabouts in the majors this year...