The Open 2023

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
What are the factors that decide on who’s being paired with who when you’ve got a whole host of players on the same score come the weekend?

As I viewer, it would’ve been fun to see Alex and Matt Fitzpatrick paired together today as both are at +2, but saw they’re not.

On another note. I’m surprised I haven’t heard or seen more about Sepp Strakas shot from the first day when he holed out from just off the green, bouncing the chip perfectly onto the mound to reduce the speed and made its way into the cup. No matter what happens, I can’t see a better shot than that being pulled off this weekend.
I thought it was determined using the scores from the preceding round - ie the better your R2 score, the later you go out in R3. But looking at todays timings I don't think that holds true

NearHull

Visit site
I thought it was determined using the scores from the preceding round - ie the better your R2 score, the later you go out in R3. But looking at todays timings I don't think that holds true
I think the order of same score pairings are determined by time ie when the cards are returned, first in - last out.

Springveldt

Visit site
Harman getting all the weather breaks. Heavy rain clearing and wind dropping for this afternoon.
Depending on how wet it is though at 7300 yards he might struggle as he’s pretty short off the tee. He has driven the ball really well and putted out of his mind so far but his approach play hasn’t been great. A couple of more drives in that wet rough may bring him back a bit as he will be hitting more long/mid irons.

Springveldt

Visit site
I don’t think the weather has been that bad this morning tbh. Rain is off and not a lot of wind, I was expecting a few to make a big move but most of the early starters are still struggling.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Harmon has to bumble back to the field, or we have no contest. 8 or 9 under to win, but hard to see too many good scores for chasers to make much progress. Harmon isnt really major material. R&A may yet really rue their flat bunker cock up.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Depending on how wet it is though at 7300 yards he might struggle as he’s pretty short off the tee. He has driven the ball really well and putted out of his mind so far but his approach play hasn’t been great. A couple of more drives in that wet rough may bring him back a bit as he will be hitting more long/mid irons.

Yeah, looking at the lower scores it might well bring other players back into contention.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which gives us hope. That never sustains. So looks like order should restore and he should have a pair of 72s or so.

I wouldn’t count on it, he was putting incredibly at the Scottish open last week and only derailed by high winds. He simply doesn’t have the power the other guys have to drive the ball into the wind low. But with the putter, he’s red hot, as was Clark going into the US Open and he probably wouldn’t have been considered major material either until he got it done.

Yep, I have money on him. 🤣 Since last Sunday. I am going to have no fingernails left by tomorrow evening if he holds tough 😬

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Personally think if Harmon goes round +1 or 2 today he’ll still be in the lead. Hell of a score yesterday. Hoping for a contest once the leaders get going.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone have any guesstimate of Sunday final tee times?nare they likely to be similar to Saturdays

Sorry can’t be sure, there are thunderstorms forecast so they might bring play forward a little. They’ll try not to. Would mess up TV times in the States and be very early morning for them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Toad delay on the 13th...
Rare Natterjack Toad appeared on then13th and only the Links Manager is authorised to move it...
Only in England🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Sky commentary is much better without Paul McGinley, they just need rid of Laura Davis now.

And someone needs to stop Faldo and his Beatles references.

Springveldt

Visit site
I don’t think the weather has been that bad this morning tbh. Rain is off and not a lot of wind, I was expecting a few to make a big move but most of the early starters are still struggling.
Looks like the scores are starting to roll in now, Rahm is -4 after 10 holes. Someone will need to go low to catch Harmon, I don’t think -8 or -9 wins this now, probably need -12 or so to win.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Does anyone know if you can buy the adidas hat with ping or Taylormade logo on the side that players are wearing?