The Nottinghamshire (Cotgrave)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine bought a Groupon deal for a round on either course at The Nottinghamshire, which I believe used to be called Cotgrave.

Has anyone played either or both courses and could comment on which they think is the better course?

Decent length, variety of holes etc.

Thanks.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gary

I played the Open Course last week in the Winter Alliance. The course was in excellent shape and the greens were as good as any I've played all year. The Open is the original and longer course and is the more challenging of the two, with quite a bit of water, but the Masters is not too far behind. Both courses have a decent variety of holes with some long par 4s.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Gary

I played the Open Course last week in the Winter Alliance. The course was in excellent shape and the greens were as good as any I've played all year. The Open is the original and longer course and is the more challenging of the two, with quite a bit of water, but the Masters is not too far behind. Both courses have a decent variety of holes with some long par 4s.

Thanks Jim. My original impression was that the Open course looked the better of the two, but nice to have that confirmed.
I like courses with lots of water. Not sure my mates will agree but it'll be too late by the time they realise!!! Muhahahahaaaaaa