The Mere GC, any good?

D

Deleted member 17920

That’s a shame as my course is in St Helens . Grange Park GC.
You and your lad are welcome to come play with me as guests.
If not IMo Prestbury is the pick of the bunch with Sandiway close second.
Great gesture that ?

Diamond

Visit site
It's my lads 21st shortly and he would like a mini golf trip. We have done a few, had a great time, and so that's good with me. My wife has suggested that on this occasion she and my daughter could come along and so some sort of spa element comes into it.

There are geographical reasons why The Mere might make sense but I don't know if it is still the course it once was, it used to be highly rated. Anyone played it in recent years? Thoughts?

Any booking will be for later in the year so drainage is not a worry.

Dunham is very close to Mere and one I have played. You would not be disappointed and they did do an early bird rate as well. Cheshire courses on my bucket list are Delamere, Prestbury and Wilmslow.
Alternatively after Mere you could swing by Chester and stay at the Grosvenor Hotel in the city centre. If not in Tier 3 or above loads of stuff for the girls to do in Chester and you have a few nice courses around Chester. Wrexham is a bit of a drive but a fabulous course for the money as played in their 4BBB Open Last year.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
for day 2 you could venture towards the trafford centre for the girls and play Sale GC, made very welcome during my golf day there in 2019, and the course was in good condition

edited to add' Worsley Park have a spa too if that helps