The Mere GC, any good?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's my lads 21st shortly and he would like a mini golf trip. We have done a few, had a great time, and so that's good with me. My wife has suggested that on this occasion she and my daughter could come along and so some sort of spa element comes into it.

There are geographical reasons why The Mere might make sense but I don't know if it is still the course it once was, it used to be highly rated. Anyone played it in recent years? Thoughts?

Any booking will be for later in the year so drainage is not a worry.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good track during Warmer months. Very good for a resort type course

Has a great driving range into a lake.

Not sure what it will be like during these wet months though.

D

Deleted member 17920

Good track during Warmer months. Very good for a resort type course

Has a great driving range into a lake.

Not sure what it will be like during these wet months though.

The range is the most expensive I have ever used and overrated ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've played it quite a lot. Its a really nice psrkland course and is ordinarily always in great nick. Esp in the Summer.
If I was to choose another course for the following day, which would you suggest? Bear in mind I'm paying both green fees and neither of us are links fans, I'm excluding the wirral and liverpool courses with this sentence ?. Something within 20-30 minutes of Mere.

D

Deleted member 17920

If I was to choose another course for the following day, which would you suggest? Bear in mind I'm paying both green fees and neither of us are links fans, I'm excluding the wirral and liverpool courses with this sentence ?. Something within 20-30 minutes of Mere.
Manchester golf club.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Depends which way you want to head and your budget mate.

Delamere and Sandiway are the 2 best in the area imo. Closer by and cheaper is Dunham Forest. Dunham is really nice. Prestbury is probably 30 minutes away and is really nice too. If you heading north, Manchester GC (otherwise known as Hopwood) is probably 40 minutes away and is superb as LQ says.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i went to a conf there once and the hotel was pretty good with decent facilities, i didn't think much of the course though, but it was March and wet would be how i would best describe it.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Someone mentioned Ormskirk. I've never played it but there is a video on Youtube of Finch and Shields playing a fourball there, it would give you a flavour.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s a shame as my course is in St Helens . Grange Park GC.
You and your lad are welcome to come play with me as guests.
If not IMo Prestbury is the pick of the bunch with Sandiway close second.