The Machrie, Machrahanish and Machrahanish Dunes Early Autumn 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Email sent out to everyone.

Dunaverty green fee and comp fee all in the email.

The Menus for The Ugadale Hotel look very good.

I have just been informed by the chef that the soup on Friday will be Lentil & Bacon and on Saturday, Tomato & Basil

If you can reply to Cameron that would be great.

This time next week we shall all be stood on The Machrie looking for Camerons drive :p

Last edited by a moderator:

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Email sent out to everyone.

Dunaverty green fee and comp fee all in the email.

The Menus for The Ugadale Hotel look very good.

I have just been informed by the chef that the soup on Friday will be Lentil & Bacon and on Saturday, Tomato & Basil

If you can reply to Cameron that would be great.

This time next week we shall all be stood on The Machrie looking for Camerons drive :p

Cheers Glyn, received and replied to.
I'll send you the money for Dunaverty tonight ?.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Well our trip from Stoke (Overnighting there) to Tarbert is 352 miles and 6 hours 12 by car all the way
adding in the 2 ferry crossings reduces the distance to 308 miles, but knocks up the time to 6 hrs 42 plus waiting time for the ferries, so say 7 1/2 hours

so I'm inclined to stick with plan A, unless the A83 gets closed again

Besides, not been up that way before and the route by the side of Loch Lomond looks really nice

Good suggestion though, certainly keep it in mind
Wake me up before we reach Loch Lomond ???

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Could you post a quick update on how that bit of your journey goes on the Weds please - might help @Paperboy and myself if there are any watch outs for us on our early morning drive that same way from the airport on the Thursday. ?

Not sure when Phil's pulling away from Stoke, but I'll be getting an early start on Wednesday taking the same route, so will possibly be ahead of them.

I'll be posting on my FB and Twitter pages my journey, and as such, any issues I experience I can post up quickly, as I can voice command them all through my Carplay, whereas I'd have to log into here which means pulling over, so I'll try and keep everyone abreast of anything I come across.

My first quick stop will be the excellent Tebay services, then somewhere around Renton, as the last leg then is the real scenic jobbie and I'll just want to take it all in whilst getting to Tarbert in good time to relax and sample the local food & ale, in moderation.

If you want my FB and Twitter details I'll ping them to anyone who wants them to keep alert of anything I come across.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not sure when Phil's pulling away from Stoke, but I'll be getting an early start on Wednesday taking the same route, so will possibly be ahead of them.

I'll be posting on my FB and Twitter pages my journey, and as such, any issues I experience I can post up quickly, as I can voice command them all through my Carplay, whereas I'd have to log into here which means pulling over, so I'll try and keep everyone abreast of anything I come across.

My first quick stop will be the excellent Tebay services, then somewhere around Renton, as the last leg then is the real scenic jobbie and I'll just want to take it all in whilst getting to Tarbert in good time to relax and sample the local food & ale, in moderation.

If you want my FB and Twitter details I'll ping them to anyone who wants them to keep alert of anything I come across.

A very wise decision since, in case anyone has forgotten, Mrs. Sturgeon has dropped the Scottish drink drive limit to almost half the English drink drive limit. (y)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

We have refined our upward journey a bit and rather than Stoke, we will be overnighting just north of Preston on Tuesday.

This means only 5 hours of driving on Wednesday to Tarbert :)

Will update peeps on our progress ?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have refined our upward journey a bit and rather than Stoke, we will be overnighting just north of Preston on Tuesday.

This means only 5 hours of driving on Wednesday to Tarbert :)

Will update peeps on our progress ?
Phil

Not sure where you are staying but Hotel Ibis is on Junction 32/A6 and cheap. Really close to Motorway. Within in 1 mile towards Preston down A6 there a a few pubs, Black Bull is good and they will not charge you £5 a pint!

Really hope the trip goes well for everybody and initially was coming but had a flight abroad 2 days later which has now been cancelled