The Machrie, Machrahanish and Machrahanish Dunes Early Autumn 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Phil

Not sure where you are staying but Hotel Ibis is on Junction 32/A6 and cheap. Really close to Motorway. Within in 1 mile towards Preston down A6 there a a few pubs, Black Bull is good and they will not charge you £5 a pint!

Really hope the trip goes well for everybody and initially was coming but had a flight abroad 2 days later which has now been cancelled

We are indeed at The Ibis
Great minds think alike

Thanks for the heads up on the pub side, will need some nosh ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Decent windy conditions over the weekend, I faired quite well in them, nice prep for the trip, although the forecasts are settling down a bit, I think we might get a squeeze with the weather :unsure:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Decent windy conditions over the weekend, I faired quite well in them, nice prep for the trip, although the forecasts are settling down a bit, I think we might get a squeeze with the weather :unsure:

My cousin lives up there, post pics on fb most days. It’s been glorious! I’ve a feeling it won’t last... ?‍♂️

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Fragger, why stop at Preston??

thats not even half way wouldn't you have been better to get up as far as possible?

Im not meeting Mark in Coventry until 5 pm ish, tomorrow . we should get to Preston by 7.30, find some nosh and bed down

Only 5 hours driving the following day so can take it easy ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im not meeting Mark in Coventry until 5 pm ish, tomorrow . we should get to Preston by 7.30, find some nosh and bed down

Only 5 hours driving the following day so can take it easy ?

well look on the bright side you won't have the full force of a wild west night out in Campbeltown to look forward to:ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Just a heads up the early ferry from Kennacraig to Port Ellen didn't sail today, first one was 9.45 due to technical issues.
lady on the phone couldn't confirm yet if it will affect sailings tomorrow and Thursday.

Theres a service status ap you can download from calmac website.

It looks like there was an issue with a particular boat, that same boat sailed at 9.45 so it’s safe to assume that the problem was fixed
An extra sailing was laid on also

Hopefully sorted ?

D

Deleted member 17920

Have a fabulous time.
Thanks Anne

given the situation it’s a miracle we have got this far.

Managed to get a premier inn 20 mins from Adrossan. Hopefully get across to Arran ok tomorrow.