The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Which ones? I can only think of the Burnley home game. Joe Worrall getting sent off against Man Utd? Rashford diving for a penalty in the same game? Ryan Yates not getting a penalty in the Everton home game? Neco Williams against West Ham? Taiwo Awoniyi against Newcastle? Moder not getting sent off for Brighton for a two footed tackle? James Maddison punching Ryan Yates in the stomach?

There are also howlers not linked to VAR, such as giving the ball to the Liverpool goalkeeper deep into injury time when Forest had possession, Toney scoring a free kick from the wrong place, and Willy Boly sent off, for a second yellow, in the first half against Bournemouth for winning the ball and having the Bournemouth player stand on his foot.
I don't remember all the decisions, but the ones I bolded were the correct decisions. Worral dragged down Bruno as he was running through on goal, red card. Forest defender throws in a leg as Rashford sprints past him, gets nowhere near it but makes contact with Rashford and takes him out. Sure, this may be me expressing an opinion. It matches the referees opinion in real time. And VAR cannot overrule the decisions because VAR cannot say Bruno was not dragged down and it cannot say there was no contact with Rashford and he dived.

It seems like you are really looking at every potential decision that COULD have gone Forests way due to subjectivity, and turning that into a clear error and evidence that officials have it in for Forest. Incredible.

simsini

Visit site
That’s a simple error, they happen in all walks of life in every profession, how many mistakes have Forest players made that have led to goals! Liverpool have also been on the wrong side od decisions.

That is also outside the remit of VAR.
The referee doesn't need VAR to give the ball back to the team that had possession prior to stopping play. If he's that incompetent, he shouldn't be on the pitch. The difference is when players make mistakes, it costs their team points. When officials make mistakes, nothing happens to them, yet it also costs a team points.

Visit site
This weeks VAR Review:

One interesting stat he puts in the review,
Yet on the net score for VAR interventions this season, only Fulham (+5) have a more favourable record that Forest (+4) -- though Forest should actually be on +6 (they had a VAR error in their favour which ruled out a late winner for Burnley.)

I’ve never heard of this bloke and I can honestly say, what a waste of his time.

The Grealish handball is a penalty it’s, obvious, stonewall, whatever words you want to use - this absolute plum just loves to sit on the fence doesn’t he.

PaulMdj

Visit site

simsini

Visit site
I don't remember all the decisions, but the ones I bolded were the correct decisions. Worral dragged down Bruno as he was running through on goal, red card. Forest defender throws in a leg as Rashford sprints past him, gets nowhere near it but makes contact with Rashford and takes him out. Sure, this may be me expressing an opinion. It matches the referees opinion in real time. And VAR cannot overrule the decisions because VAR cannot say Bruno was not dragged down and it cannot say there was no contact with Rashford and he dived.

It seems like you are really looking at every potential decision that COULD have gone Forests way due to subjectivity, and turning that into a clear error and evidence that officials have it in for Forest. Incredible.
Rashford brushed thighs with Danilo then hit the deck. Rashford instigated the contact. There were covering defenders for Worrall and Fernandes wasn't going to get the ball before the goalkeeper anyway.

As I've said above, VAR can only be fair if it is used without taking the official's decision on the field into account. To agree with the on field decision when you have video saying otherwise is complete nonsense.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’ve never heard of this bloke and I can honestly say, what a waste of his time.

The Grealish handball is a penalty it’s, obvious, stonewall, whatever words you want to use - this absolute plum just loves to sit on the fence doesn’t he.
He deals in facts, both Ref and VAR don’t give the penalty, yet he’s the plumb! Weird conclusion!

simsini

Visit site

That Grealish handball should be in the textbook next to the definition of handball. A penalty every day of the week.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is true. We need a better player who has similar tenacity. We've been poor in so many games because the centre midfield goes missing. Sangare was a huge waste of money.
Don't agree with this. He's been exceptional in 2-3 games since he came in (was POTM for me in the win vs. Newcastle). but he's not had a consistent run and is playing with Midfielders who are mostly average (him paired with Yates is a disaster).

Given time, a decent manager and a solid run, he'll be worth every bit of the money we paid for him - unfortunately, if we go down, he'll be sold anyway.

I'm Still livid that Glasner was ready to come to Forest when we were looking at alternatives to Cooper - literally ready to sign the contract......and we fluffed it and Marinakis did his mate Jorge Mendes a favour and hired one of his clients.

Visit site
He deals in facts, both Ref and VAR don’t give the penalty, yet he’s the plumb! Weird conclusion!

Grealish has effectively made a save - there are not mitigating circumstances (arm not by his side, hand moved towards the ball, free kick taken from 10 yards away).

The facts are, it is a penalty today, it was a penalty 10 years ago, and it’s a penalty 50 years ago. There’s no iteration of the rules where it’s not a penalty, you have to literally have brain rot to watch the clip and go “nah that’s all good”.

Yet he can’t bring himself to point the fingers at the officials, and offers multiple excuses for the refs…

PaulMdj

Visit site
Forest should of had 1 penalty possibly 2 yesterday.

But the conspiracy, poor us lines coming out are just crazy imo, some of you Forest fans are obviously more qualified than some of the top Referee’s in this Country and have missed your vocation.

Please check you have a fresh roll of tin foil for your next match.

simsini

Visit site
Don't agree with this. He's been exceptional in 2-3 games since he came in (was POTM for me in the win vs. Newcastle). but he's not had a consistent run and is playing with Midfielders who are mostly average (him paired with Yates is a disaster).

Given time, a decent manager and a solid run, he'll be worth every bit of the money we paid for him - unfortunately, if we go down, he'll be sold anyway.

I'm Still livid that Glasner was ready to come to Forest when we were looking at alternatives to Cooper - literally ready to sign the contract......and we fluffed it and Marinakis did his mate Jorge Mendes a favour and hired one of his clients.
Glasner would definitely have suited our players and the style we could play. Nuno has the players, but we don't play high enough up the pitch. It was even worse to that extent with Cooper. He was parking the bus at home to Burnley in the league cup.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rashford brushed thighs with Danilo then hit the deck. Rashford instigated the contact. There were covering defenders for Worrall and Fernandes wasn't going to get the ball before the goalkeeper anyway.

As I've said above, VAR can only be fair if it is used without taking the official's decision on the field into account. To agree with the on field decision when you have video saying otherwise is complete nonsense.
I've just watched this on Twitter, it looks a penalty. The defender makes a rubbish tackle when the ball is long gone and cuts across the front of him. He's impeded him and it's obviously a penalty.

Swango1980

Visit site

That is YOUR opinion, which you are now using to provide some sort of evidence of a conspiracy.

My opinion is that Bruno was clean through on goal and would have had a shot. The defender level with him was 2 or 3 yards away and wasn't getting there before him. And Rashford was running at pace, it doesn't take a lot to wipe someone out at that pace. He clearly didn't initiate contact, as the Forest player threw in a leg. Unless Rashford is guilty for daring to try and run past the defender?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My opinion was that none of the forest penalty shouts looked like penos to me... :ROFLMAO: sorry!
Just brought a video up of the three - were they all Ashley Young?? Haha.

First one I'd say no pen. It's one of those ones that people have been complaining about recently, where Young is the one playing the ball and the opposition player just lunges to put his foot in the way and take the 'kick'. No pen.

Second one would be very harsh. He sort of turns around and the ball is immediately kicked at him, as he tries to bring his arm down as quick as he can. No pen again.

Third one looks a bit of a mess though. Very clumsy tackle - I'll say penalty for that one. One penalty out of the three.