The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
It does sting a little that we punish League One and Two clubs by abolishing replays, while the Champion's League expands to 40 teams and more games just to make more money for the big clubs. Steal from the poor and give to the rich.

Less international games would be a start as well. Scrap the utterly pointless Nations League games, and take out about a third of the friendlies as well. We have several players who'll be knocking on the door of 150 caps when they retire which used to be unheard of. Nobody cares about these international games.
Absolutely agree, but once again it is UEFA pulling the strings and the spineless FA/PL doing nothing but lining their own pockets.🤬

simsini

Visit site
You've got Clattenburg (admittedly employed by Forest these days) saying they should have had 3 penalties. Keith Hackett saying in the Telegraph that Forest should have had 3 penalties too. Yet between the two of them yesterday, not one was given on field, and not one was given by the official reviewing video footage from all angles. :unsure:

1 would be unlucky and incompetence. 3 looks beyond that. The only person in the country who thinks Forest shouldn't have had a single penalty yesterday was Stuart Atwell. I agree with the Forest manager who said if this was another country, people would be talking about conspiracies. Anderlecht in 1984 comes to mind.

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
You've got Clattenburg (admittedly employed by Forest these days) saying they should have had 3 penalties. Keith Hackett saying in the Telegraph that Forest should have had 3 penalties too. Yet between the two of them yesterday, not one was given on field, and not one was given by the official reviewing video footage from all angles. :unsure:

1 would be unlucky and incompetence. 3 looks beyond that. The only person in the country who thinks Forest shouldn't have had a single penalty yesterday was Stuart Atwell. I agree with the Forest manager who said if this was another country, people would be talking about conspiracies. Anderlecht in 1984 comes to mind.
But yet the “Ref Watch” on Sky News this morning says 1 out of 3 and MOTD 2 had 1 yes, 1 No & 1 50/50.

I’m sure Hackett & Clattenburg never made a mistake.

simsini

Visit site
But yet the “Ref Watch” on Sky News this morning says 1 out of 3 and MOTD 2 had 1 yes, 1 No & 1 50/50.

I’m sure Hackett & Clattenburg never made a mistake.
As far as I am aware, Clattenburg and Hackett didn't get to look at a decision using video review.

So it still stands that the only two people that thought Forest should have had 0 penalties were Anthony Taylor and Stuart Atwell.

Reyna was fouled, Hudson-Adoi was fouled and the officials gave an identical penalty to Coventry yesterday in their game.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't forget, the three onfield decision were no penalty. For VAR to over turn they have to deem they were clear and obvious errors.

Even Forest fans think the first was flakey.

The handball probably goes off the original decision, either way. If a penalty, it would not get over turned. This was the other way. It is how VAR is supposed to work.

The third, they were unlucky. VAR should have asked the ref to have another look, and we all know what that means.

Hackett has become a rent a quote for the media. No one wants a quote saying the ref was right every time, he knows what will get him used. Clattenburg is employed by Forest.............Their credibility is not the strongest.

simsini

Visit site
Don't forget, the three onfield decision were no penalty. For VAR to over turn they have to deem they were clear and obvious errors.

Even Forest fans think the first was flakey.

The handball probably goes off the original decision, either way. If a penalty, it would not get over turned. This was the other way. It is how VAR is supposed to work.

The third, they were unlucky. VAR should have asked the ref to have another look, and we all know what that means.

Hackett has become a rent a quote for the media. No one wants a quote saying the ref was right every time, he knows what will get him used. Clattenburg is employed by Forest.............Their credibility is not the strongest.
The 'clear and obvious' error claim is just a get out clause for the referees to make awful decisions then have their mate back them up. VAR shouldn't care what the original decision was on field, that's nonsense. I'm still yet to find a single person who thinks 0 penalties should have been awarded to Forest.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 'clear and obvious' error claim is just a get out clause for the referees to make awful decisions then have their mate back them up. VAR shouldn't care what the original decision was on field, that's nonsense. I'm still yet to find a single person who thinks 0 penalties should have been awarded to Forest.
Clear and obvious was put in place to stop every decision being analysed to death by VAR, the game constantly being stopped. Decisions are made in real time and some will always be subjective.

I think most would agree they should have had 1. Any more is definitely in the realm of subjective.

simsini

Visit site
I've just seen Dermot Gallagher say the handball would be given in the Scottish Premiership, that's absurd. The laws of the game are the same in England and Scotland.

There is nothing subjective about an official looking at video evidence for the handballs against Man Utd and Everton yesterday, one being given, and one not.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
And Stuart Atwell when he awarded a goal to Reading against Watford when the ball was nowhere near the goal itself.

Atwell was also in charge earlier in the season when Forest played Man U at Old Trafford. Awarded Man U a very dodgy penalty after Rashford dived and sent Joe Worrall off for DOGSO despite there being a covering defender coming across and the keeper having a decent chance of getting to the ball before the striker.

So in summary: Atwell has made 5 MASSIVE decisions against Forest in the space of two games.

Last edited:

simsini

Visit site
Atwell was also in charge earlier in the season when Forest played Man U at Old Trafford. Awarded Man U a very dodgy penalty after Rashford dived and sent Joe Worrall off for DOGSO despite there being a covering defender coming across and the keeper having a decent chance of getting to the ball before the striker.

So in summary: Atwell has made 5 MASSIVE decisions against Forest in the space of two games.
Completely agree. I read something yesterday saying Forest had 3 such decisions go in their favour this season and 18 against. The Liverpool debacle in injury time and the Willy Boly red card against Bournemouth being the most obvious.

PaulMdj

Visit site
As far as I am aware, Clattenburg and Hackett didn't get to look at a decision using video review.

So it still stands that the only two people that thought Forest should have had 0 penalties were Anthony Taylor and Stuart Atwell.

Reyna was fouled, Hudson-Adoi was fouled and the officials gave an identical penalty to Coventry yesterday in their game.
Reyna dived, Young was very close, Wan Bissaka was a further 3-4 yds away. Hudson-Adoi should of gone to review.

As previously said I thought the handball at the time was a penalty, just don’t agree there were 3 definites.

We get the poor Forest saga, but you’re not the only ones who’ve been robbed, we’ve had 2 all season and countless bad decisions against us.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I've just seen Dermot Gallagher say the handball would be given in the Scottish Premiership, that's absurd. The laws of the game are the same in England and Scotland.

There is nothing subjective about an official looking at video evidence for the handballs against Man Utd and Everton yesterday, one being given, and one not.
And this is were tribalism comes across, Gallagher also said Attwell’s integrity shouldn’t be questioned and is one of the most qualified VAR Officials in Europe, but that hasn’t been mentioned.

simsini

Visit site
And this is were tribalism comes across, Gallagher also said Attwell’s integrity shouldn’t be questioned and is one of the most qualified VAR Officials in Europe, but that hasn’t been mentioned.

The fact remains that the laws of the game are no different in Scotland.

Why shouldn't his integrity be questioned? Why should Forest just accept wrong decisions time and time again then an apology from PGMOL days later, when nothing ever changes?

PaulMdj

Visit site
The fact remains that the laws of the game are no different in Scotland.

Why shouldn't his integrity be questioned? Why should Forest just accept wrong decisions time and time again then an apology from PGMOL days later, when nothing ever changes?
They are, they are different in the CL as well, there are different thresholds for some offences.

Swango1980

Visit site
Ashley Young didn't think they were penalties :)