The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
i remember a few years back when Madrid knocked us out of the Semis at the Etihad. City were dire. YAYA Toure, dear lord. I got more of a sweat on thinking I won’t get a pie at half time. The effort put in that night was abysmal. I was livid. Most fans were. Last night City gave it there all and it just didn’t happen. The fans that mostly would be upset are the younger ones.They are a bit more entitled than the older fans.
The two games last night were typical of some results in the Prem league. CIty and Arsenal were favourites to meet in the semi finals. It didn’t happen.

An Arsenal fan I know was really gutted as he felt they didn't show up and went out with a whimper. Personally I feel it would always take a lot to match last season so I'm a bit more relaxed about this one - this group of players with Pep have given me enough joy to last a lifetime. I'd take the PL title this year over Europe (usually do). Not only to break the record for consecutive title wins but also to deny others the win :)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It really doesn’t matter which league is thought to be the best as the only one that will count in a few years is the European league. The rich clubs just want to get richer and don’t care about the little boys. The decision to scrap FA Cup replays to fit in the expanding UEFA competitions is just another step on the way to a Super League - possibly with Saudi money

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It really doesn’t matter which league is thought to be the best as the only one that will count in a few years is the European league. The rich clubs just want to get richer and don’t care about the little boys. The decision to scrap FA Cup replays to fit in the expanding UEFA competitions is just another step on the way to a Super League - possibly with Saudi money
Couldn’t agree more. FFP was brought in to protect the top table. But who protects the fans. City fans and Forest fans are up in arms re the increase in season ticket prices. City have record profits and yet the prices have gone up. Forests have gone up, in some cases massively. Yet the club uses the excuse that there is a large waiting list for tickets and they need to increase income. They have increased prices and yet may be in the championship next year. Where is the Premier league in saying this is not right. And I am sure that these are not the only clubs.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Biggest night in Villas recent history tonight! Will be absolutely thrilled if we can get through - but no easy feat - Lille have the best home record in the french top division.

1 goal lead going into it, lets go out and get the job done boys!!

UP THE VILLA

Come on villa, bring that trophy home.

The English teams should really dominate this comp, if they take seriously, that's why we laugh at spurs. Moan they never win a trophy yet didn't take their chance.

Swango1980

Visit site

Swango1980

Visit site
Still focussed on UEFA then!🙄
Apologies. Even I assumed the best leagues in the world would be located in Europe.

But, you are correct, maybe I should also include the MLS, Brazilian league, Saudi Arabian league, etc as also potentially having better quality teams than the Premier League. I certainly have no arguments to suggest they do, but happy to listen to the thoughts of others on that.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Looks very much as though Villa will be the third Premier League side to exit Europe without much of a fight this week. They’ve been pretty awful this evening so far.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It was, but he should never have had the opportunity to make it!
Possibly....I'd say that the ball comes out to the Villa player quickly and he has to focus on getting his header on target with decent power which he does...the ball is actually past the keeper when he manages to scoop it away with his arm. Credit to him in that he didn't rest on the ground pleased with himself at making the initial save...he was pretty much on his way up - almost bouncing off the ground.

Reminds me of myself on a night out in Blackpool when I slipped on ice running to get in to a club...I swear the only thing that touched the ground was my face. Then to add insult to injury the bouncers wouldn't let us in as they thought I'd been fighting!!!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Cash got away with that...seen plenty of them sorts of handball given...one of the few decisions that has gone Villas way....lots of 50/50's given in Lille's favour and cards brandished to Villa.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Cash got away with that...seen plenty of them sorts of handball given...one of the few decisions that has gone Villas way....lots of 50/50's given in Lille's favour and cards brandished to Villa.

Whoever has just summarised the incident in the TNT studio has just come up with this gem;

“His hand was in a natural position, by his arm.”

Well, quite.