The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I reckon ya pal is talking 🐂 💩 tash.
I can’t believe you believed this enough to actually repeat it 🤦‍♂️
Nope just read his what’s app message again and he puts the blame on Poch.

Re Palmer, he has developed into a very good footballer. I honestly don’t think that Southgate could get the best out of him, but could you imagine him, Foden and Kane up front. But somehow I feel Rashford would start ahead of him coz he has done a job for England before 😖

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Re Palmer, he has developed into a very good footballer. I honestly don’t think that Southgate could get the best out of him, but could you imagine him, Foden and Kane up front. But somehow I feel Rashford would start ahead of him coz he has done a job for England before 😖
Hope you’re wrong,but don’t think you are 😣
If Jordan Henderson gets a call up I’m done with international football until Southgate goes.

4LEX

Visit site
As impressive as Palmer has been, nearly half his goals have been penalties so that's padded out his stats somewhat.

We don't need to cram all these players into a starting eleven for England, it's a squad game. We're going to have one hell of a bench, I just hope Rashford isn't anywhere near the squad. Imagine having the likes of Grealish, Palmer and Watkins/Toney to come in. We've also got some great penalty takers 👀

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Can he play Left Back?😉

Swango1980

Visit site
Y
I'm sure Poch said that in an interview to be fair to Tash!
Yeah, but he also said normally it will be Palmer if he is on the pitch (hence why he has taken and scored so many penalties).

I'm sure his full answer was simply to show he trusts other players if they ever need to step up and hit one. I also suppose there may be times a player feels less confident and happy to pass the duty to someone else (maybe already taken one, slight injury, etc,)

Mind you, I'm not sure he'd have expected the childishness we saw the other night. Although, it was probably only Jackson that acted like a child, and the likes of Silva and Gallagher were grown up enough to try and sort him out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
apologies to @Tashyboy if he did say it.
No need to apologise, even if it is the first ever apology on the forum. 😉🤣. The guy who sent it to me has had more bans from Facebook than I know so I know he can be a wind up merchant. I sent him a message saying “I take it you never went to the game then”. He has been to Stamford bridge 4 times this year and not seen one win. He never went. I asked him re the penalty incident and that’s what he came back with. To be honest I did Google it and couldn’t find it anywhere apart from Palmer is the regular penalty taker apart from when Sterling took and missed it.

Swango1980

Visit site
I wonder if Jackson has a decent goal bonus, which includes penalties, written in his contract.

I just can't understand why a player would act like that in front of the entire world, even if they did want to score. But, if it wasn't just about getting a goal on your tally, but adding another £10,000 to £50,000 to your bank account, I can see why it might turn someone into a raving lunatic :)

PaulMdj

Visit site
Let’s get the facts straight, Jackson wasn’t the initial issue with the penalty, it was started by Madueke, he ran and grabbed the ball and then Jackson reacted to him, Madueke then had to be restrained along with Jackson when Gallagher took the ball off him.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Let’s get the facts straight, Jackson wasn’t the initial issue with the penalty, it was started by Madueke, he ran and grabbed the ball and then Jackson reacted to him, Madueke then had to be restrained along with Jackson when Gallagher took the ball off him.
Sorry your honour 😵‍💫😂

4LEX

Visit site
Huge night for Arsenal. A win here and will give them a shot in the arm for the league. A defeat and you can see the season falling apart.

Time for their key players to step up and do it when it really matters. Be great to see them turn Bayern over!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Both games should be good viewing,but looking forward watching City v Real.
I reckon City & Bayern go through.
Yeah...i'm musing about which one to watch.

Chose Barca-PSG last night....the sending off didn't help the match as a spectacle and it just became an issue of when PSG would get the goals they needed. The Dortmund-Athletico game seemed a bit more of a contest.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yeah...i'm musing about which one to watch.

Chose Barca-PSG last night....the sending off didn't help the match as a spectacle and it just became an issue of when PSG would get the goals they needed. The Dortmund-Athletico game seemed a bit more of a contest.
i can’t see how there won’t be at least 5 goals in the city game 🤷‍♂️