The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sheff Utd & Burnley are already down for me.
Then it’s between Everton,Luton & Forest.
Personally I’d prefer to see Forest or Everton go,but got a feeling it’ll be Luton.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
No doubt we’ve struggled, team is not very good, lack of goals, etc etc, taking all that in to account, points wise (without deduction) there are 6 teams who have less points than us so far this season, what does it say about them?

Hence why I questioned why he thinks we are the weakest?

When it gets to the business end of the season I tend to look at goals for, goals against to give an indication of how likely a club is to go down. Defensively, Everton are way better. But where are the points going to come from if you’re not scoring? In your favour, its most definitely in your hands as you’re due to play both Forest and Luton.

PaulMdj

Visit site
When it gets to the business end of the season I tend to look at goals for, goals against to give an indication of how likely a club is to go down. Defensively, Everton are way better. But where are the points going to come from if you’re not scoring? In your favour, its most definitely in your hands as you’re due to play both Forest and Luton.
And Sheff Utd.

There’s no easy games, if we go down via the points we’ve had taken off us then we’ve only got ourselves to blame for being badly run.

I just look at others around us and they are in the mix because they haven’t been good enough so far (bar Forest).

Talk of needing one more win etc is a bit premature imo.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Probably, but today is the day that 115 charges, oil money etc etc goes up another level because of either.
1, Liverpool bottled it.
2, Arsenal bottled it.
What will be wrongly forgotten also today is that.
1, Palace played brilliantly.
2, Villa played brilliantly.
What will also be forgotten is that.
Arsenal have spent generations taunting Spurs as serial bottlers when they are not doing a bad job themselves again.

Yep, we Eagles only won because Liverpool were so bad, wonder if they were watching the same game as me. We finally had Eze, Olise and Mateta all playing for the first time in ages, clubs like us don't have as good reserves as the original players

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And Sheff Utd.

There’s no easy games, if we go down via the points we’ve had taken off us then we’ve only got ourselves to blame for being badly run.

I just look at others around us and they are in the mix because they haven’t been good enough so far (bar Forest).

Talk of needing one more win etc is a bit premature imo.
If your relegated because of the points deduction it will put pressure on the PL to deal with City.

But that’s not much comfort to relegated teams.
Just how long can they put this off.?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, we Eagles only won because Liverpool were so bad, wonder if they were watching the same game as me. We finally had Eze, Olise and Mateta all playing for the first time in ages, clubs like us don't have as good reserves as the original players
Palace played well especially the forward line.
But we created so many good chances that I would question the defending a tad.😳😉
Don’t get me wrong it could have been 4-4 but palace scored and we didn’t that’s all that counts.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You might want to rethink your opinion of Everton’s defence.😳😉😉

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Palace played well especially the forward line.
But we created so many good chances that I would question the defending a tad.😳😉
Don’t get me wrong it could have been 4-4 but palace scored and we didn’t that’s all that counts.
You're spot on about the 4-4 but some of the defending by us was magnificent with splashes of luck , but the save by Robertson on the line was almost a gamesaver

PaulMdj

Visit site
If your relegated because of the points deduction it will put pressure on the PL to deal with City.

But that’s not much comfort to relegated teams.
Just how long can they put this off.?
I hope City take the PL on and beat them. Absolutely no trust in the PL