The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Salah has definitely checked out from what I've seen of him this season. Plenty of goals and assists but his all round game has been way off previous levels.

The real issue is Nunez IMO. You can't win titles with a striker that bad at finishing. If you swap Haaland for Nunez I think Liverpool will the title this season by a decent margin.
I agree.
Your 1-0 down most managers don’t take off the CF.
That to me shows Klopp is not convinced .

You can’t fault his work rate but at this level that’s not enough.
Having said that he’s not the only one guilty of missing chances.
We have been very poor in front of goal.

4LEX

Visit site
I agree.
Your 1-0 down most managers don’t take off the CF.
That to me shows Klopp is not convinced .

You can’t fault his work rate but at this level that’s not enough.
Having said that he’s not the only one guilty of missing chances.
We have been very poor in front of goal.

He's a physical beast - powerful, quick and looks great running at goal with no time to think. There's a serious player in there. The problem is his movement off the ball is poor, he's got no composure and a lot of his finishing is not even Championship level.

Szoboszlai is another one that is an excellent player but too often messes up the final pass and is very poor in front of goal. Whenever I watch Liverpool he dominates but does nothing with it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's a physical beast - powerful, quick and looks great running at goal with no time to think. There's a serious player in there. The problem is his movement off the ball is poor, he's got no composure and a lot of his finishing is not even Championship level.

Szoboszlai is another one that is an excellent player but too often messes up the final pass and is very poor in front of goal. Whenever I watch Liverpool he dominates but does nothing with it.
We get caught on the ball to much and turn it over in midfield.
This is a big problem when we’re pushing forward an we have conceded to many goals doing this.

We havnt played well for a while and late goals have papered over the cracks imo.
But we still have a chance but need to up our game
Havnt seen todays game I might watch it tomorrow.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over 300-1 I think.

I read on Twitter last night that a £10 bet on Plymouth to beat Leicester, Blackburn to beat Leeds, Palace to beat Liverpool and Fulham to beat West Ham would have returned over £103000.

Note - Betting sites are blocked on our server so I haven't been able to check if that's right.

EDIT - just been trying to work it out and that would mean each of the bets was on average 10/1 (I think). Think someone got their Maths wrong unless a couple of them were higher than 10-1.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Double over West Ham (only 7-0 on aggregate lol) and Liverpool next week. Got a feeling after two abject performances we'll be on the wrong end of a Klopp fuelled reaction

Yesterday was brilliant, more attacking football. Dominated possession, used subs and the youth

Lost

Yeah I'll stick with Moyes ball thanks 🤣

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Yesterday was an odd day. City beat a lowly Luton on Saturday and Liverpool and Arsenal lose against a good Palace team and an even better Villa team yesterday. And that’s the beauty of the premier league. Form and league position means diddly squat.
This season is supposed to be a season of transition for City. Mahrez and Gunoghan out, Doku, Nunez and Kovacic in. It has been a stuttering season for City yet once more they are in the mix. I still don’t think the title is finished but which ever team wins it, it needs the fans to believe they can do it and disappearing before the end of the game does the exact opposite.
I said lest week March was a difficult month for City re games to play, it’s a difficult month for Arsenal.

Once more it’s squeaky bum time.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Yesterday was an odd day. City beat a lowly Luton on Saturday and Liverpool and Arsenal lose against a good Palace team and an even better Villa team yesterday. And that’s the beauty of the premier league. Form and league position means diddly squat.
This season is supposed to be a season of transition for City. Mahrez and Gunoghan out, Doku, Nunez and Kovacic in. It has been a stuttering season for City yet once more they are in the mix. I still don’t think the title is finished but which ever team wins it, it needs the fans to believe they can do it and disappearing before the end of the game does the exact opposite.
I said lest week March was a difficult month for City re games to play, it’s a difficult month for Arsenal.

It’ll be even squeakier when the PL finally drag City kicking and screaming to court

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Arsenal fans were embarrassing yesterday mate, bar a few rounds of "Arsenal, Arsenal" they had absolutely nothing... And yeah, the fire bells started to sound around 86 mins... :ROFLMAO:

They don't have the bottle to win the league, its in your hands now and I don't see you letting go.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arsenal fans were embarrassing yesterday mate, bar a few rounds of "Arsenal, Arsenal" they had absolutely nothing... And yeah, the fire bells started to sound around 86 mins... :ROFLMAO:

They don't have the bottle to win the league, its in your hands now and I don't see you letting go.

It's probably geography at play here

But I know plenty of awful Liverpool fans (the good ones must live in Liverpool)

I know plenty of awful arsenal fans

But directly I know 3 city fans

And all of them are top guys

Come on city

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
It's probably geography at play here

But I know plenty of awful Liverpool fans (the good ones must live in Liverpool)

I know plenty of awful arsenal fans

But directly I know 3 city fans

And all of them are top guys

Come on city
even the ones who wear crocs?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yesterday was brilliant, more attacking football. Dominated possession, used subs and the youth

Lost

Yeah I'll stick with Moyes ball thanks 🤣

All down to "Shooting Boots"

Moyes' after game interview:

""We will have to play really well on Thursday, we did not have our shooting boots on today, we did not connect right with our chances.

"We will need our shooting boots on Thursday and the goal scorers will need to come up with the goods if we are to win."

So, "Shooting Boots" it is

Who'd have known🤷‍♂️

(Moyes out)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All down to "Shooting Boots"

Moyes' after game interview:

""We will have to play really well on Thursday, we did not have our shooting boots on today, we did not connect right with our chances.

"We will need our shooting boots on Thursday and the goal scorers will need to come up with the goods if we are to win."

So, "Shooting Boots" it is

Who'd have known🤷‍♂️

(Moyes out)

Don't think yesterday is on Moyes

That first goal was poor clearance, he can't account for that

He can't make Antonio hit the target for a basic tap in..terrible

Moyes in

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Don't think yesterday is on Moyes

That first goal was poor clearance, he can't account for that

He can't make Antonio hit the target for a basic tap in..terrible

Moyes in

Agree with most of that, however if he takes the plaudits for the wins he has to take the criticism for the defeats…I think he has done a good job for us as a club, however the football is horrendous.
(It is possible to have both btw?)

I think what Moyes has done though is change our expectation.
We are now going to be gutted not to make Europe…If he leaves in the summer he has at least moved the goalposts for WHU.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is the situation of Antonio still being your striker after all these years not of his making though?

The issue that the useless twit isn't even a striker!

We keep selling our best strikers

Haller and scamacca both playing well in other counties

One didn't settle one didn't smile enough for our fans to rate ..