The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
You would have a valid point if that back 4 never cost £200m plus.
You would have a valid point, if it was valid, unfortuntely it is not. A back 4 that does not play regulalry together and it not as good as their best back 4. Again your argument is flawed, Chelseas can put out 4 midfielders worth 400 odd million who are pretty rubbish against other midfields cost a quarter of that. The reality is City had a weak for them defence and this should have been taken advantage of and was not.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You would have a valid point, if it was valid, unfortuntely it is not. A back 4 that does not play regulalry together and it not as good as their best back 4. Again your argument is flawed, Chelseas can put out 4 midfielders worth 400 odd million who are pretty rubbish against other midfields cost a quarter of that. The reality is City had a weak for them defence and this should have been taken advantage of and was not.
Totally agree. there was player's that played that day that looked jaded if that’s the word. Saka looks to be running out of steam again.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Totally agree. there was player's that played that day that looked jaded if that’s the word. Saka looks to be running out of steam again.

hes injured, got a foot injury against Sheff Utd to go with the ankle injury hes been carrying for a couple of months, might well not have played against other oppo but with no martinelli and jesus just back it was seen as a risk worth taking. hopefully hell be rested against luton this week again

Tashyboy

Visit site
Kane would be perfect for City and he's Pep's dream striker. It's a shame he bottled the transfer request a few years back and also didn't hold out for a free transfer this summer. No doubt Pep would be happy to cash in on Haaland for a silly fee if he could've got Kane on a fee!
Rumours have started that Vinicius Junior and Haaland could be doing a swop at the end of the season Vinicius is fed up of the racism and abuse in Spain and Haaland has made no secret of his desire to play for Madrid. Not sure Vinicius could do it on a cold night in Mansfield next season though 😳😉👍

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rumours have started that Vinicius Junior and Haaland could be doing a swop at the end of the season Vinicius is fed up of the racism and abuse in Spain and Haaland has made no secret of his desire to play for Madrid. Not sure Vinicius could do it on a cold night in Mansfield next season though 😳😉👍

be surprised if true but Mbappe, Bellingham and Haaland :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, thats cheating surely. Another galactico era incoming?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kane would be perfect for City and he's Pep's dream striker. It's a shame he bottled the transfer request a few years back and also didn't hold out for a free transfer this summer. No doubt Pep would be happy to cash in on Haaland for a silly fee if he could've got Kane on a fee!

Instead Kane went to Germany for the penalty kick winners medal and Granit popped along and nicked it off him 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Swango1980

Visit site
be surprised if true but Mbappe, Bellingham and Haaland :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, thats cheating surely. Another galactico era incoming?
Mbappe, Bellingham and Junior isn't too bad either.

Always interested to see how two massive goalscorers would do together in the same team. Often a team is set up to optimise the chances of the big goalscorer getting as many as possible. If you have two of each player, is it easy to get them both scoring loads, and will one or both of them have an ego that gets frustrated if they chances are falling to the other guy?

Mbappe strikes me as a guy who wants to be the main goalscorer. I wonder if he'd like playing with Haaland?

samthom99

Visit site
Akanji Played 29 PL games last season and 21 PL games this season

Dias Played 26 PL games last season and has played 24 PL games this season

Ake Played 26 PL games last season and has played 24 PL games this season

Stones played 23 PL games last season and has played 14PL games this season.

Walker played 27 PL games last season and has played 26 PL games this season.

With the exception of Gvardiol who is a top LB and cost £70m that back 4 that started yesterday was as good as the treble winning back 4.

Rico Lewis has been exceptional when he has played too.
£191 million, but if Stones and Walker had been fit. They would have been in that back four

Stones isnt to City what Saliba is to Arsenal or Van Dijk is to Liverpool.

I think Walker missing yesterday had a bigger impact offensively than defensively.

4LEX

Visit site

I think Real will struggle to play Mbappe and VJ in the same team as both like that left sided forward role. That would make sense for both clubs as I think Pep wants to give Alvarez the striker position long term and you could do with a top left forward as I don't think Grealish or Doku have impressed too much?

4LEX

Visit site
Is the standard at the top of the table as good as previous seasons?
Arsenal have improved,but City aren’t as good imo,Marhez & Gundogan are big misses.
Liverpool not as good after losing Mane & Firmino.

Man Utd on the slide too after ETH has wasted £400m on rubbish..

Tashyboy

Visit site

With the exception of Gvardiol who is a top LB and cost £70m that back 4 that started yesterday was as good as the treble winning back 4.

I think Walker missing yesterday had a bigger impact offensively than defensively.
Stones when he has played has been a revelation. The strongest back four for me is Walker, stones, Diaz, Ake. Stones when he drops into midfield is excellent. He gives a whole new dimension to the team.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

You certainly are an Arsenal Happy Clapper deperate for anything and everything you can get even if it is just 1 point. Come the end of the season if you haven't won the league and it's 2 points or less remember this post, of course I am always happy to eat humble pie if I am wrong.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Is Citys PSR punishment going to be that severe???

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think Real will struggle to play Mbappe and VJ in the same team as both like that left sided forward role. That would make sense for both clubs as I think Pep wants to give Alvarez the striker position long term and you could do with a top left forward as I don't think Grealish or Doku have impressed too much?
Grealish has excelled in falling over

samthom99

Visit site
You certainly are an Arsenal Happy Clapper deperate for anything and everything you can get even if it is just 1 point. Come the end of the season if you haven't won the league and it's 2 points or less remember this post, of course I am always happy to eat humble pie if I am wrong.
Oh deary me. You told me my argument was flawed because that wasnt Citys best back 4 but i have backed up my opinion with facts and now you've gone off on a tangent.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Oh deary me. You told me my argument was flawed because that wasnt Citys best back 4 but i have backed up my opinion with facts and now you've gone off on a tangent.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You backed your opinion up with facts, games played, AND opinion, i.e. Shaw isn’t as good as Saliba or Van Dijk. I’d argue that whilst Saliba is closer to Van Dijk in style of play, Shaw has attributes that the other two don’t have. All three are good at certain things, some stronger in other things than the other two. But that’s just my opinion just like you have your opinion too.