The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

But you did win because of a wrong decision. Yes, Liverpool took a good chance, and Forest squandered plenty, but your chance wouldn't have existed without the wrong decision being made.

That’s impossible to know - as said , Forest had possession again after that decision, they even had a throw in in Liverpools half after that decision , they had multiple chances to clear the ball and chances to put the ball into Liverpools box. It’s not like they had a penalty that wasn’t given and a clear cut chance on the goal. There was still time after that decision

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
But you did win because of a wrong decision. Yes, Liverpool took a good chance, and Forest squandered plenty, but your chance wouldn't have existed without the wrong decision being made.

I don’t think the wrong decision can be used as the sole reason Liverpool won, too much play happened between the incidents. It absolutely gave Liverpool an advantage, but football is too fluid a game to blame the result solely on the decision.

It’s all if’s, but’s and maybe’s.

Swango1980

Visit site
We didn’t win because of a wrong decision

We won because we took a chance and Forest missed a number of good chances
It's hilarious that when Liverpool don't win and Paul Tierney is an official, Liverpool whinge about Paul Tierney.

But, when Paul Tierney gifts Liverpool possession at the end of the game when they are under pressure, and Liverpool quickly go on to get a winner, it had nothing to do with Tierney.

Liverpool got lucky. As for Tierney, it is shocking how a PL ref can make such an error. His decision would be just as logical as restarting play with the Firest keeper or just kicking off from the centre spot. Why would he think giving Liverpool possession was the right thing to do?

RichA

Visit site
It's hilarious that when Liverpool don't win and Paul Tierney is an official, Liverpool whinge about Paul Tierney.

But, when Paul Tierney gifts Liverpool possession at the end of the game when they are under pressure, and Liverpool quickly go on to get a winner, it had nothing to do with Tierney.

Liverpool got lucky. As for Tierney, it is shocking how a PL ref can make such an error. His decision would be just as logical as restarting play with the Firest keeper or just kicking off from the centre spot. Why would he think giving Liverpool possession was the right thing to do?
To be honest, correctly giving the ball back to our winger in their half he might as well have just tossed it to the Liverpool keeper. If he'd dropped the ball on the edge of the Forest box we'd be more likely to score.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t think the wrong decision can be used as the sole reason Liverpool won, too much play happened between the incidents. It absolutely gave Liverpool an advantage, but football is too fluid a game to blame the result solely on the decision.

It’s all if’s, but’s and maybe’s.

The worst thing about all this is the actions of the Forest Owner- after what’s happened recently in Turkey it’s poor and he should face a lengthy ban from stadiums

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
The worst thing about all this is the actions of the Forest Owner- after what’s happened recently in Turkey it’s poor and he should face a lengthy ban from stadiums

I haven’t actually seen anything of the actual game as I’ve been in hospital most of the weekend. The only thing I have seen is a video of the ball being given to the Liverpool keeper and the footage from then to the goal, so that’s why I’m only commenting on that bit.