The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Blame everyone else but the guy himself?

ETH effectively gets Sancho out of the club and people start saying ETH was wrong and he should have got Sancho back in the team and playing, given the form of other players.

ETH keeps giving Rashford opportunities, and when he has incredibly frustrating moments in the game it is ETH's fault for picking him.

Rashford needs to take responsibility. I doubt ETH is asking him to give up pressing players after all. But clearly ETH is picking him because, despite his flaws, he offers more than other players in the squad at the time. There probably are not other players that can powerfully break through the middle of the pitch to give themselves a great chance on the edge of the box. There are probably no other players who can do the same in second half and force a good save, or play a great through ball to Garnacho. Rashford is not playing great, but when he is available for a pass when running down the left, he stretched the opposition and causes them a headache.

But, if it is ETH's fault, perhaps he should pick Antony on the left? Of course, if he did and Antony perform the way most expect him to, ETH would be to blame for picking him ahead of Rashford. Just like many blamed ETH for dropping Rashford after his night out in Belfast.

In the long run, however, ETH will act one way or another. If Rashford frustrates too much, then ETH is more likely going to agree to cashing in on him, and looking for someone better. If ETH was to simply drop everyone that frustrated, then I think the only players he'd have to choose from would be Martinez, Mainoo and Hojlund. He has no choice to pick another 7 players just to field a side (8 actually, as Martinez is injured).

As for Bruno, there are many flaws in his captaincy, Rashford is the least of his problems. When Garnacho failed to score when clean through, and then finally played a cross that went to no one, Bruno waved his hands in the air in frustration. I'd have thought a good captain applauds Garnacho for the good part of his run, and give him a bit of a boost. And, given Bruno missed a similar chance, he can't really have a go.
Read my post again !
I said “ partly”
Its 99% Rashfords .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope not. I’ve only captained him in my FPL team. Everyone else, and I mean everyone, has triple captained him.

I’m torn between him scoring a few and being stretchered off after five minutes.
I have triple-captained him, but it was kind of a keeping up with the Joneses situation where I just did it because I assumed everyone else had. It almost doesn't matter if he scores or not because so many people have done it.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Surprised Haaland is currently top scorer in the prem.
Suppose after last season it just looks average what he’s done this season.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Klopp has played children and reserves in all of your cup competitions. Just as he always does in the domestic ones. :rolleyes:
Its called squad rotation, and depending on how the game is going may or may not use the big hitters from the bench. Now he's in a position of 7-8 first teamers or from his top 15 players are missing, and he is having to have "children", as you so eloquently put it onto the bench in league game, instead of internationals and sometimes even like for like substitutions.

Top of the league, in a final, into the middle stages of 2 other cup comps - doing very well despite the long injury list.

FWIW, Chelsea and Spurs have also had a large injury list, but both aren't in Europe this season, so have played quite a few less.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its called squad rotation, and depending on how the game is going may or may not use the big hitters from the bench. Now he's in a position of 7-8 first teamers or from his top 15 players are missing, and he is having to have "children", as you so eloquently put it onto the bench in league game, instead of internationals and sometimes even like for like substitutions.

Top of the league, in a final, into the middle stages of 2 other cup comps - doing very well despite the long injury list.

FWIW, Chelsea and Spurs have also had a large injury list, but both aren't in Europe this season, so have played quite a few less.

What about city? In 3 of the cups and already won the world championship.

They lost their best player for large chunks of the season (KDB) then second best player for a fair few games (haaland)

Playing bogg in the midfield now (a child)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

They lost their best player for large chunks of the season (KDB) then second best player for a fair few games (haaland)

Do you want me to go through every teams injury list for you?

Name the 3 cups that City are still in.

City probably have the biggest/best squad going so can cover more than most, built on a decade of cheating.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you want me to go through every teams injury list for you?

Name the 3 cups that City are still in.

City probably have the biggest/best squad going so can cover more than most, built on a decade of cheating.

Sorry 3 of the comps.. not cups

Teams get injuries, it happens

City have still struggled without KDB and haaland. Otherwise they wouldn't be second.

RichA

Visit site
I see that frog-faced Looney Tune Garth Crooks has farted out a load of old codswallop about Morgan Gibbs-White today. :rolleyes:
Like you, I'm a Forest supporter.
MGW is one of the best we've had for a while.

Your comment about Garth Brooks is obnoxious. For what it's worth, I agree with him. As most footballers would have done, MGW made a meal of it. It's the most irritating thing about the game.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Your comment about Garth Brooks is obnoxious. For what it's worth, I agree with him. As most footballers would have done, MGW made a meal of it. It's the most irritating thing about the game.

Yes he made a meal of it I’ll agree. But why is Crooks singling out MGW for criticism on this matter? He’s no worse (and nowhere near as bad) as a lot of footballers are nowadays. So why does he deserve to be picked out for it rather than others?

Besides which, the comments by Crooks are utterly hypocritical. He actually applauded and commended Ivan Toney’s gamesmanship a few weeks ago in moving the ball for his free kick against us. He had no problem with and was actually happy to see that kind of behaviour. But MGW makes a meal of a challenge and suddenly “the game’s gone”?!

Nah, at least be consistent in your BS Garth. Don’t chop and change your outlook by applauding gamesmanship one minute and calling it out the next. The man is stealing a living.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

City currently have 2 players out

This season they have had one long injury and that’s KDB , Haaland missed 4 prem games all season plus 2 FA Cup

After spending all that money are City a one man team relying on KDB

And Oscar Bobb has started one prem game and that was through choice not because there was no other choice

Their total players lost this year through injury is near the bottom of the scale

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

I agree footballers are all, for the most part, dramatic.

But referees, sadly, won’t give stuff now unless players go down like they’ve been sniped, whether it’s justified or not.

It’s the inconsistency that bothers me. If that was KDB, Salah or anyone one of the other top 6/media darlings, it would have been deemed clever and be applauded for their gamesmanship (as Don pointed out what happened with Toney (and not just by Crooks, loads of others said the same and praised Toney for being clever).

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes he made a meal of it I’ll agree. But why is Crooks singling out MGW for criticism on this matter? He’s no worse (and nowhere near as bad) as a lot of footballers are nowadays. So why does he deserve to be picked out for it rather than others?

Besides which, the comments by Crooks are utterly hypocritical. He actually applauded and commended Ivan Toney’s gamesmanship a few weeks ago in moving the ball for his free kick against us. He had no problem with and was actually happy to see that kind of behaviour. But MGW makes a meal of a challenge and suddenly “the game’s gone”?!

Nah, at least be consistent in your BS Garth. Don’t chop and change your outlook by applauding gamesmanship one minute and calling it out the next. The man is stealing a living.

Garth Crooks is completely irrelevant these days

He used to spout complete nonsense on Final score , even worse when on MOTD

It was poor what he said about Luton at the start of the season

He is a complete clown

Sorry ill edit this - he should be on talksport with those two other idiots - Dean Saunders and Agbonlahor,

Last edited by a moderator: