The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

I think his spending on Nunez, VVD, Allison for example put him in the corner some time ago. He has a very selective memory on the spending front.

Surely it’s all about context

Klopp was always talking about those that can spend whatever they want without having to balance the books , clubs that have a nice rich owner who is willing to hold the club up and spend way beyond what they make

Yes we have spent big on some players but each one has been used from money the club has earned as opposed to someone giving the money from the back pocket ignoring financial restrictions

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely it’s all about context

Klopp was always talking about those that can spend whatever they want without having to balance the books , clubs that have a nice rich owner who is willing to hold the club up and spend way beyond what they make

Yes we have spent big on some players but each one has been used from money the club has earned as opposed to someone giving the money from the back pocket ignoring financial restrictions
When you pay the fees that liverpool have, any complaints are going to sound pretty hollow to most other clubs in the league. It sounds like whining and it isn't a good look.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was surprised by klopps comments re kids and Ferraris. Unfortunately it’s now the way of the world. Not saying it is acceptable but that’s how it has gone. I wonder what brought it on though. Bellinghams demands?
Personally I don’t think. Walking ham is the answer to Liverpools and Klopps problems. £100 plus million could be better spent strengthening a squad. Macallister could cost half that. Keeping Salah is massive although would his fee help Liverpool. Close season is gonna be interesting and not just for Liverpool.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Play his cards right lampard could relegate two clubs in the same season

It’s a really sad indictment of how far Chelsea have fallen that everyone in our Super 6 went for a Brighton win today. Any other result would have amounted to an upset.

And the club actually thought Lampard would steady the ship between now and the end of the season? It’s laughable.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Did nobody tell Newcastle and Spurs that the defensive cupboard is bare at Old Trafford and now would be a good time to put United under some real pressure?

AJNairn

Visit site
When you pay the fees that liverpool have, any complaints are going to sound pretty hollow to most other clubs in the league. It sounds like whining and it isn't a good look.
The distorting effects of hugely wealthy owners is, however, a fact of (top level English) Football life! The setup of some Spanish clubs, including Barcelona and Real Madrid is different. Somewhat ironically, several US sports, including Football (Soccer) are set up to limit the effect of wealthy owners on team performance.