The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Maybe this current set up are righting the wrongs from the previous regimes?

Generally, Footballers are paid way too much too early.
Agreed, they probably are trying to correct previous mistakes of giving players way too much (relevant to footballers salaries, as we all know they all get handsomely paid compared to Joe Bloggs). Talk about offering Rashford "only" £300,000 a week with his new contract, despite De Gea, Sancho and Varane all getting more. Mind you, I'm sure that will probably be negotiated upwards if he keeps going as he is going.

In regards to Garnacho though, does perhaps seem on the low side given the impact he has had, and attention he is getting. I read he was on £1,500 a week at the moment, although a list of Man Utd player salaries has him on £5,000 a week at the moment. £20,000 a week would put him level with Pellistri. Suprisingly, Dalot is "only" on £25,000 a week, although I guess he has only really made significant improvements in form this season. I suspect he'll demand a big increase, or go off to Spain. Weghorst on £35,000 a week.

To really put things in perspective, Phil Jones is on £75,000 a week and Brandon Williams £65,000

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s always annoying, Phil, when players with a bright future have names which are easy to spell wrong.

I was absolutely delighted when Henrikh Mkhitaryan left United.

?

Thankfully the phone appears to have saved his name but I have no doubt there will be many occasions when it will be spelt wrong. He will prob end up with a shortened version - or just call him non ?

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
Agreed, they probably are trying to correct previous mistakes of giving players way too much (relevant to footballers salaries, as we all know they all get handsomely paid compared to Joe Bloggs). Talk about offering Rashford "only" £300,000 a week with his new contract, despite De Gea, Sancho and Varane all getting more. Mind you, I'm sure that will probably be negotiated upwards if he keeps going as he is going.

In regards to Garnacho though, does perhaps seem on the low side given the impact he has had, and attention he is getting. I read he was on £1,500 a week at the moment, although a list of Man Utd player salaries has him on £5,000 a week at the moment. £20,000 a week would put him level with Pellistri. Suprisingly, Dalot is "only" on £25,000 a week, although I guess he has only really made significant improvements in form this season. I suspect he'll demand a big increase, or go off to Spain. Weghorst on £35,000 a week.

To really put things in perspective, Phil Jones is on £75,000 a week and Brandon Williams £65,000

That makes my eyes hurt.

The notion that "X player should get £75k a week because Y player gets it" is laughable.

Generally footballers contracts should all be performance related, maybe then you wont see players down tools under certain managers etc

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Is it a thing for a club to offer a youth player going to a senior contract a smaller amount ? I don't get why Utd have offered "only" £20k given the impact he is having. I fear we could lose him then buy him back for £100m a la Pogba, etc. Given what we are paying the likes of Pellestri, Phil Jones etc it does seem harsh.

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it a thing for a club to offer a youth player going to a senior contract a smaller amount ? I don't get why Utd have offered "only" £20k given the impact he is having. I fear we could lose him then buy him back for £100m a la Pogba, etc. Given what we are paying the likes of Pellestri, Phil Jones etc it does seem harsh.

As a comparison Elliott and Curtis Jones recently signed a new contracts at £45k a week

Swango1980

Visit site
God knows. Clearly you'd understand him not getting a £150,000 a week contract based on a few promising performances. But, he might be the most exciting youngster since Rashford at Utd? I'd have thought £40,000 to £50,000. Mind you, there may he all sorts of terms. Like an immediate increase to £20,000, and promises that will increase significantly over relatively short periods of times, provided he keeps working hard and doesn't mess about or do a Greenwood or Ravel Morrison impression.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Good battling point for Palace tonight. Didnt create a huge amount (but neither did Man U to be honest) but a moment of quality saw them get something from the game.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just about a fair result. Wonderful free quick to win a point for Palace. And I must be in the minority as a United fan as I didn’t think the incident involving McTominay was a penalty - it looked to me more like him making contact with the Palace defender rather than the other way round.

Swango1980

Visit site
Always the danger at Man U at the moment. Controlled the game pretty well, but just can finish teams off. Still, I'll not complain with an away point, had a decent run and these things happen. Typical he hits a bloomin free kick like that though :eek:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Always the danger at Man U at the moment. Controlled the game pretty well, but just can finish teams off. Still, I'll not complain with an away point, had a decent run and these things happen. Typical he hits a bloomin free kick like that though :eek:

I thought we knocked the ball round well enough but the final pass was woeful almost all game. A slightly frustrating watch if I’m honest.