The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very entertaining weekend of football in the prem!

Good win for Villa on Friday night - Leeds gave us a good game (as expected) but they lacked anything killer in the final third/ when they got a shot off Emi produced some outstanding saves. Well taken goals by Villa, were in some great league form since Unai came in.

Manc derby was a good watch, think that Bruno goal was absolute BS in my eyes, id be fuming if that was scored against Villa. City look miles off their high standards.

North London derby also a classic, Spurs look poor at the moment, but why would you financially back a manager and make a load of signings when his contract expires in 6 months? Arsenal doing much better than expected without Jesus.

Prem table is starting to shape itself out - Villa are bang in the middle on their own, 3 points ahead of palace but 3 below Chelsea and Liverpool (pre season id have taken that :ROFLMAO:) There's a hot race for top 4/6 and the bottom of the table can move as high as 14th with a win... its all fun and games!
Surprised you didn't mention Brightons great win v Liverpool.

I was talking to two guys at the club today who are staunch Brighton season ticket holders. They were saying that it was by far the best game that they'd ever seen Brighton play.

Not like Lineker and Co on MOTD who hardly focused on how well Brighton played and spoke more on how poor Liverpool were.

Also, Nottingham Forest had a very good win and what a player Brenda Johnson is, took his goals really well.

D

Deleted member 15344

I was talking to two guys at the club today who are staunch Brighton season ticket holders. They were saying that it was by far the best game that they'd ever seen Brighton play.

Not like Lineker and Co on MOTD who hardly focused on how well Brighton played and spoke more on how poor Liverpool were.

Also, Nottingham Forest had a very good win and what a player Brenda Johnson is, took his goals really well.

Brighton were superb - yes we were poor but Brighton made us look even worse , they were superb and it was a fully deserved win

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

It is a kick in the guts when your club don’t get the credit they deserve. I had a discussion last week at the golf re. Brighton, Brentford, Newcastle, etc being where they are at the expense of of “big“ clubs. Yet it not being acknowledged or appreciated.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It is a kick in the guts when your club don’t get the credit they deserve. I had a discussion last week at the golf re. Brighton, Brentford, Newcastle, etc being where they are at the expense of of “big“ clubs. Yet it not being acknowledged or appreciated.

Dont think thats close to true personally theres been plenty of plaudits for Newcastle, Brentford, Fulham and Brighton this season (yes you missed one out ;) ) Not sure Id judge everyone by Lineker and his mates standards lol

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the EPL just about reaches the halfway stage there are a fair few under achievers and over achievers, in my opinion.

Over achievers at this stage : Arsenal, Man Utd, Fulham, Brighton, Brentford, Nottingham Forest.
Under achievers at this stage : Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham.

Every one else is about where I expected them to be.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've heard non stop about how well those 3 clubs have done, and rightly so. Arsenal as well obviously, although they are traditionally one of the bigger, more successful clubs.

Of course, it is also news when big clubs do badly. Lots of drama and panic, how will they fix their problems, etc. Also, they usually have many more fans across the UK, so they are going to generate lots of interest and debate. It is also intriguing to hear how Liverpool will do with their 2-2-6 formation when all their front line are fit :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Typical MOTD though.
They did mention You I think.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As the EPL just about reaches the halfway stage there are a fair few under achievers and over achievers, in my opinion.

Over achievers at this stage : Arsenal, Man Utd, Fulham, Brighton, Brentford, Nottingham Forest.
Under achievers at this stage : Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham.

Every one else is about where I expected them to be.

OOI Slime have you known a season like this for over and under achievers ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Didn't actually watch it so wouldn't want to comment knowing how many Liverpool fans are on here! :ROFLMAO: