The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some do, some don't. The thing is Man Utd have come out and banged on about a restructure and how they're going to sign players that fit the clubs ethos. That was designed to take the transfer power and pressure off the manager/coach. Yet only a few months later it's clear they've got no idea about transfers and have handed 100% control to Ten Hag.

It's not the actions of a well run club who have learnt their lessons from wasting over a billion and a decade of failure. It looks like more of the same buy and hope policy.
Do you think that Ten Hag follows the buy and hope policy? Surely its better for the club and Manager that he chooses who he wants, to build a team his way and not what the money men think.

4LEX

Visit site
Do you think that Ten Hag follows the buy and hope policy? Surely its better for the club and Manager that he chooses who he wants, to build a team his way and not what the money men think.

To be fair I'd not trust either the football set up at Man Utd or Ten Hag. At least he has an identity though.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Most managers return to previous clubs/leagues for players at their new team.
That's likely because they fit in with the style of play they are hoping to play - and what has made their style of play successful enough to be attractive to the new club.
Others leave their club because they aren't allowed to continue that policy for whatever reason - (insufficient) finance/results being the most likely imo.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Some do, some don't. The thing is Man Utd have come out and banged on about a restructure and how they're going to sign players that fit the clubs ethos. That was designed to take the transfer power and pressure off the manager/coach. Yet only a few months later it's clear they've got no idea about transfers and have handed 100% control to Ten Hag.

It's not the actions of a well run club who have learnt their lessons from wasting over a billion and a decade of failure. It looks like more of the same buy and hope policy.
That 'club ethos' waffle was clearly a load of :poop:! Trust the manager but ditch him if he can't get the team to perform adequately. Structure player contracts to incentivise (team) performance.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently we are on the verge of signing Flynn downs from Swansea (formerly of Ipswich) decent enough back up central midfielder and English so will up the home quota

12 million well spent

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like Forest may be announcing Omar Richards from Bayern and Neco Williams in the next few days. £25m for both their services I believe. Left and right wingback sorted for the foreseeable future if so.

Look forward to our 3rd European cup win in a few years time ;)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jack Wilshire retires at 30 ?
He was obviously talented but I never really warmed to him as a player for some reason, to me he seemed to lack that drive to be a really top level player.
Interesting to hear what Arsenal fans think of him, did he have a lot of bad injuries during his career?

Swango1980

Visit site
He was obviously talented but I never really warmed to him as a player for some reason, to me he seemed to lack that drive to be a really top level player.
Interesting to hear what Arsenal fans think of him, did he have a lot of bad injuries during his career?
I thought he'd quit playing years ago to he honest.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
https://mol.im/a/10998339

I was sent this link this morning by a golfing mate who thinks I’m nuts to be untroubled by the news Ronaldo wants out. I’m no fan of Oliver Holt or his brand of journalism, but I agree with virtually every word I’m afraid.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does the pope :poop: in the woods??

I thought he was overrated to be honest. Tidy midfielder, bit clumsy in the tackle. Every time I was injured, Arsenal fans would big him up more like he was going to come back and be their saviour each time. Had bad luck with injuries, but was his fitness the best it could have been anyway? Heard lots of stories about him smoking and doing gear when not playing. As you say, not sure he ever quite took it seriously enough.