The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Other unnamed Premier League sides allegedly looked at him. I wonder why none made a move given the very favourable release clause. There was apparent concern regarding his regular soft tissue injuries, and I have heard a number of pundits question whether he will thrive in a league where the space won’t be as available to him as it was in Germany.

He may well prove to be a fabulous signing. But I’m not so sure it’s quite that clear cut that he will be a sure fire success.
I'm hoping, at best, he is another Lukaku. But I can imagine he'll thrive in a team as good as City, if he stays fit. No idea about his injury record.

If I had to take a gamble on one of 2 players, him or Kane, I'd always choose Kane. But, at least we'll see how Haaland gets on in the PL this year.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Other unnamed Premier League sides allegedly looked at him. I wonder why none made a move given the very favourable release clause. There was apparent concern regarding his regular soft tissue injuries, and I have heard a number of pundits question whether he will thrive in a league where the space won’t be as available to him as it was in Germany.

He may well prove to be a fabulous signing. But I’m not so sure it’s quite that clear cut that he will be a sure fire success.

My money is on Alvarez being a bargain of a signing. ? on another note, City are quietly getting rid of a fair few EDS squad players. Personally if I was Fulham,Forest etc I would seriously be taking a punt on Liam Delap.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm disappointed Hammers haven't been more active in the market. While 'the solid spine' still exists, the overall quality needs improvement if any ambition above 7th is to be fulfilled. It was all too clear that (lack of) squad depth was a major factor in the below par end of season results - in spite of fabulous achievement of getting where they did.

D

Deleted member 15344

..................... which totally negates the above Twitter thing you posted!

Just throwing it out there ?‍♂️ not sure how many CL clubs will look to spend £30mil etc and £500k a week on a 37 year old

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys, I don’t want to get carried away, but I’m pretty certain Forest are winning the league, given the quality of our signings thus far
I’d make this joke as a Newcastle fan, but people would take me very seriously.

Seriously though, how many teams have had ‘good’ windows so far. Only Man UFC (one for the FM fans) who seem to be really disappointed from what I’ve seen. Most teams just seem to be quietly, and early going about business.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Seriously though, how many teams have had ‘good’ windows so far. Only Man UFC (one for the FM fans) who seem to be really disappointed from what I’ve seen. Most teams just seem to be quietly, and early going about business.

As a United fan, I'm very happy with the outs but, so far, very disappointed with the ins ........................... or lack of!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

I can assure you, no one would take you seriously :)

I cannot stress how well we’ve done so far when I compare to the transfer windows we’ve had the last 10-12 years where we overpay for random Portuguese players or bring in absolute dross in areas we don’t need to target

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
For what it's worth, I think/hope he'll stay.

I tend to agree, I think he’ll give it another year. But I really do think, if he does leave, it may help the club to stop living in the past, as it has been doing now for nearly a decade.

United have a new manager, one of the new, young breed of coaches. The players linked with the club are younger players, signings for the future. We cannot keep seeking an instant fix.

Most realistic fans would perhaps accept a period of rebuilding if they could see tangible progress. There has been little or none since 2013, the period since being punctuated with occasional marquee signings but football which has largely been dross, with no identity. There has been no rebuild to speak of.

Manchester United, for me at least, need to get back to being Manchester United. They are currently a million miles away.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
@fundy what do you think about Jesus joining your lads? Happy with the signings so far?

He has to be chuffed with that. He is a quality lad. Not a Aguero but he will score some important goals. His work rate is excellent. He could well be a magnet for others to follow.
Jesus gone.
Sterling in advanced talks with Chelsea. Any signing that weakens you opponents is good for me. ?
Bernado allegedly off to Barcelona.
City’s made a few quid this close season and a fair few fringe players sold.
I did mention the other day about someone coming in for Delap. Apparently City have a major decision to make about him re does he go out on loan or stay as Foden did. What would you do if you was Delap, train with Haaland, KDB Etc or go on loan.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He has to be chuffed with that. He is a quality lad. Not a Aguero but he will score some important goals. His work rate is excellent. He could well be a magnet for others to follow.
Jesus gone.
Sterling in advanced talks with Chelsea. Any signing that weakens you opponents is good for me. ?
Bernado allegedly off to Barcelona.
City’s made a few quid this close season and a fair few fringe players sold.
I did mention the other day about someone coming in for Delap. Apparently City have a major decision to make about him re does he go out on loan or stay as Foden did. What would you do if you was Delap, train with Haaland, KDB Etc or go on loan.

Joking aside, I think Sterling is excellent. He's scored over 20 goals in all comps three times (one of them was over 30). He makes intelligent runs into the box hence scoring those numbers without being a particularly great finisher. He's definitely better than any of Chelsea's current wingers. Not as good as Hazard was obviously, but Sterling will be as close as they've come to replacing him.

Are you really going to let B.Silva go to Barca?? He was exceptional last season. Did he ask to leave??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What would you do if you was Delap, train with Haaland, KDB Etc or go on loan.
It's a genuinely tough decision. Clearly he will be bursting to play but equally the chance to rub shoulder with these players may only come around once. A lot of thinking for him to do. Personally, I think I would tell him to go on loan, come back a better player and be part of the team rather than part of the squad.