The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like City are signing Philips for £45m. Decent price for a 26 yr old international. Don’t think he will be a starter for city but he will relieve the burden on Rodri
The next Jack Rodwell! :D I didn't realise he was 26 actually, I thought he was more like 23. Can't see him playing more than 50% of games, but then, in England terms sitting on the bench at City will earn him more call-ups than actually playing in a relegation battle anyway.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It makes sense. A nice lifestyle in LA, game played at a much easier pace. He could be a king over there still.
Are there any good golf courses in LA? ;) Really he only wants to stay fit until the world cup with Wales. Suspect he'll retire not long after and take up golf full time.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The next Jack Rodwell! :D I didn't realise he was 26 actually, I thought he was more like 23. Can't see him playing more than 50% of games, but then, in England terms sitting on the bench at City will earn him more call-ups than actually playing in a relegation battle anyway.
He will fit in lovely I think. Being English helping with quotas etc in Europe. Transfer window is ticking over lovely for City.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He will fit in lovely I think. Being English helping with quotas etc in Europe. Transfer window is ticking over lovely for City.

Easily the best window of any team so far.....

Haaland
Alvarez (finally added after loan)
Phillips

Some crazy talented additions considering you're already head and shoulders above the rest of the league (bar Liverpool)

Honestly if you dont win the Champions League in the next 2 years it'll be quite laughable.

Tashyboy

Visit site

Haaland
Phillips

Some crazy talented additions considering you're already head and shoulders above the rest of the league (bar Liverpool)

Honestly if you dont win the Champions League in the next 2 years it'll be quite laughable.
I think it’s being done well financially. City are after the left back at Brighton then that’s it. I think there’s still a few to go out. The academy is bringing a few quid in as well. funnily enough I think City fans are chuffed with the league but the champs league continues to be the itch that cannot be scratched at the moment. Talking to a Forest fan the other day. He said “ I cannot wait to sing at the Etihad champions of Europe you’ll never sing that” ????

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Haaland
Phillips

Slow down.. better than Perisic, Bissouma and Forster??

Swango1980

Visit site
Are there any good golf courses in LA? ;) Really he only wants to stay fit until the world cup with Wales. Suspect he'll retire not long after and take up golf full time.
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he was signed up by the LIV Tour. One of their gimmicks may be a pro-AM type scenario, but just paying high profile celebrities who are half decent at golf, huge sums of money to play. Maybe they wouldn't even need to be decent, I'm sure they would happily pay Donald Trump millions to play. Like him or hate him, it would get publicity.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if he was signed up by the LIV Tour. One of their gimmicks may be a pro-AM type scenario, but just paying high profile celebrities who are half decent at golf, huge sums of money to play. Maybe they wouldn't even need to be decent, I'm sure they would happily pay Donald Trump millions to play. Like him or hate him, it would get publicity.
Haha, it's funny because it's true. I could totally see them having at least a few pro-am type events with high profile celebrity golfers. And as he'll be playing the world cup in Qatar he can hardly baulk at the Saudis can he?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think it’s being done well financially. City are after the left back at Brighton then that’s it. I think there’s still a few to go out. The academy is bringing a few quid in as well. funnily enough I think City fans are chuffed with the league but the champs league continues to be the itch that cannot be scratched at the moment. Talking to a Forest fan the other day. He said “ I cannot wait to sing at the Etihad champions of Europe you’ll never sing that” ????

Certainly better business than dropping 100m on one player - I think they've learned that lesson this year!

You do great business, much like Chelsea - selling players on when the time is right is absolutely key to financial stability!

You can continue being chuffed with the league, but the outside footballing world are laughing a bit..... Truly great teams win it all. I dont believe City can ever claim to be "the best team in the world" when they cant even win in Europe.

P.S - I sang it loud and proud when I came to the Etihad :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Certainly better business than dropping 100m on one player - I think they've learned that lesson this year!

You do great business, much like Chelsea - selling players on when the time is right is absolutely key to financial stability!

You can continue being chuffed with the league, but the outside footballing world are laughing a bit..... Truly great teams win it all. I dont believe City can ever claim to be "the best team in the world" when they cant even win in Europe.

P.S - I sang it loud and proud when I came to the Etihad :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only because Haaland had a release clause lol, theyd have paid over 100m without batting an eyelid lol

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's an age old dsicussion, welll certainly since the CL format came about, but you can't claim to be the best in the world if you are team that wins the CL without winning your own domestic league. If you aren't the best team in your own country, how can you be the best team anywhere else? The league shows the best team, the CL shows the best cup team.

I'm with the City fans and I am pleased that they are fairly indifferent to the CL. The league is the one to win every time. Winning the CL completes the set but that is all.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Only because Haaland had a release clause lol, theyd have paid over 100m without batting an eyelid lol
Like they didn’t when Kanes price went up. ?
The days of City being held to ransom are fortunately long gone. That mantra may now be Utd and Newcastle’s situation ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

They've only ever done it once though, and so far we are yet to see that pay off. Theyre so good they dont need to be bullied into over paying - unlike United for example.

Kane didnt move last year alongside Grealish... They wouldnt pay it..

It's an age old dsicussion, welll certainly since the CL format came about, but you can't claim to be the best in the world if you are team that wins the CL without winning your own domestic league. If you aren't the best team in your own country, how can you be the best team anywhere else? The league shows the best team, the CL shows the best cup team.

I'm with the City fans and I am pleased that they are fairly indifferent to the CL. The league is the one to win every time. Winning the CL completes the set but that is all.

But If you have established success at the domestic level over 10 years, the CL being the only trophy you need to complete the cabinet, It becomes the most important no? They only dont care because they havent won it :ROFLMAO:

If and when they do - because Im sure they will - The fans will be signing at the top of their lungs about being CL champions...

Abramovic was never resting until Chelsea won the CL... It means a lot commercially too!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They didnt pay it for Kane is a little misleading, theyd happily have paid £120m just not the fantasy £150m Levy wanted lol. Says more about Levy than City imho

Fully expect theyll pay it again in the future too for the right player. Its far easier when you have the pick of pretty much every player wanting to join you though :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
They didnt pay it for Kane is a little misleading, theyd happily have paid £120m just not the fantasy £150m Levy wanted lol. Says more about Levy than City imho

Fully expect theyll pay it again in the future too for the right player. Its far easier when you have the pick of pretty much every player wanting to join you though :)

I think thats the key point.

100m for Mbappe is a no brainer for any club - they'd pay it.

100m for Declan Rice for example - probably too much for City to warrent spending as they already have sufficient starting depth - so they buy Phillips at 40 instead.

Tashyboy

Visit site
They've only ever done it once though, and so far we are yet to see that pay off. Theyre so good they dont need to be bullied into over paying - unlike United for example.

Kane didnt move last year alongside Grealish... They wouldnt pay it..

But If you have established success at the domestic level over 10 years, the CL being the only trophy you need to complete the cabinet, It becomes the most important no? They only dont care because they havent won it :ROFLMAO:

If and when they do - because Im sure they will - The fans will be signing at the top of their lungs about being CL champions...

Abramovic was never resting until Chelsea won the CL... It means a lot commercially too!
But that’s the thing about most City fans. Have seen rammel football for a couple of generations we still don’t expect any trophies never mind the champions league. With the exception of newer younger fans. The bonus for me is seeing football played a fantastic way.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
But that’s the thing about most City fans. Have seen rammel football for a couple of generations we still don’t expect any trophies never mind the champions league. With the exception of newer younger fans. The bonus for me is seeing football played a fantastic way.

You dont expect trophies???? Jesus, If you dont, then who does bar United?!

Are you trying to act like you're Uniteds little brother on purpose or do you want to step out of that shadow? :ROFLMAO: