The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
The goal he scored against Spurs in the final league game of the season in 98/99 was a classic case in point. I don’t think that goal was ever truly given the credit it deserved.

Also scored one away at Everton in the final game of the 02/03 season very similar. Beckham was top class, proper player. Star appeal but backed it up.

D

Deleted member 15344

Strange signing for City. Can’t see him getting that much game time.

He replaces Fernandino , allows Pep to rest Rodri and fills the English quota when/if Sterling leaves

Will certainly be on the bench for the majority of the Prem and CL games

it’s the sort of money that clubs spend on guarentee starters but for City it’s the standard price for squad players , Ake the perfect example and prob Cucurella when he arrives

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He replaces Fernandino , allows Pep to rest Rodri and fills the English quota when/if Sterling leaves

Will certainly be on the bench for the majority of the Prem and CL games

it’s the sort of money that clubs spend on guarentee starters but for City it’s the standard price for squad players , Ake the perfect example and prob Cucurella when he arrives

Cucurella be a regular starter at left back wont he?

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes imo, Cancelo be at right back and ahead of Zinchenko in their best side

Missing Walkers recovery pace will be interesting for them - does expose the CB’s a bit more - Cancelo is a superb player and was certainly very comfortable on the left - but they have been searching for the full backs for a while now.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Missing Walkers recovery pace will be interesting for them - does expose the CB’s a bit more - Cancelo is a superb player and was certainly very comfortable on the left - but they have been searching for the full backs for a while now.

TBH Cancelos ability to cross sides at full back in the big games has bailed them out massively, especially the last year, with the last? LB they paid £50m for otherwise engaged. That and the fact they dont have to do to much defending in the games they have 80% of the ball. Thought a new left back would be very high up their priority list this summer, cant want to have to use centre halves at full back as often as they have this season again so would be amazed if any LB they buy wasnt seen as an expected regular starter

Swango1980

Visit site
Strange signing for City. Can’t see him getting that much game time.
I guess it is a very good signing for City. Not so sure if it is a good signing for Phillips, except from a financial point of view. Unless there are injuries, doubt he'll get as much game time as a player of his ability probably would normally get. If Leeds stayed in PL, as they did, I expected him to stay at Leeds to be honest. If he was to leave, I'd have thought Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs might have given him more opportunities to shine whilst given a good wage? Obviously Man Utd also, but I'm sure that was never an option with his Leeds connection

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess it is a very good signing for City. Not so sure if it is a good signing for Phillips, except from a financial point of view. Unless there are injuries, doubt he'll get as much game time as a player of his ability probably would normally get. If Leeds stayed in PL, as they did, I expected him to stay at Leeds to be honest. If he was to leave, I'd have thought Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs might have given him more opportunities to shine whilst given a good wage? Obviously Man Utd also, but I'm sure that was never an option with his Leeds connection

It would appear that no-one is ever an option for United!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Not sure why his Leeds connection would prevent a move to Old Trafford. Such a connection hasn’t prevented moves previously.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not sure why his Leeds connection would prevent a move to Old Trafford. Such a connection hasn’t prevented moves previously.
Only from what I heard from a Leeds fan. Apparently Phillips is a big Leeds boy himself. So, apparently it would be difficult enough for him.personally to leave Leeds, let alone go to Man Utd. He may well hate our guts

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally Man Utd have made a great signing in the transfer market. With Mike Riley stepping down as the PL Chief Refereeing Officer, Howard Webb is taking over the role. That's got to be worth 10 to 15 points per season for Man Utd. ;)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finally Man Utd have made a great signing in the transfer market. With Mike Riley stepping down as the PL Chief Refereeing Officer, Howard Webb is taking over the role. That's got to be worth 10 to 15 points per season for Man Utd. ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ....................................................................................................................................................................................... :rolleyes: