The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Again I think Arteta is getting more out of Saka than Gareth is.

The bigger worry will be when Pep/Klopp are getting more out of Saka than Arteta :(

He pretty much carried our attack most of the season, despite being so young, coming into the season off the back of the missed pen and oppo trying to kick him out of pretty much every game, playing with a non scoring striker, and still Arteta couldnt find a way to rest him and use the £70m wonderkid Pepe lol. He was spent 10 games before the end of the season let alone into these games

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bigger worry will be when Pep/Klopp are getting more out of Saka than Arteta :(

He pretty much carried our attack most of the season, despite being so young, coming into the season off the back of the missed pen and oppo trying to kick him out of pretty much every game, playing with a non scoring striker, and still Arteta couldnt find a way to rest him and use the £70m wonderkid Pepe lol. He was spent 10 games before the end of the season let alone into these games
I thought Saka played ok in the games I saw.
One thing was he was quite isolated at times because Kane decided he wants to play Centre Midfield.
So when he was looking for help there wasn’t anyone there.

That’s the managers fault imo he’s useless.

Swango1980

Visit site

Don't be silly. Professional footballers shouldn't get tired, they get paid loads of money :)

D

Deleted member 15344

I know nothing about him but is he likely to come in and then be sent out on loan or will he come in as backup to TAA and maybe a League Cup player?

He won’t be sent on loan - will come in as back up and be a cup player

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
In other news, Manchester United have just signed ................................................ absolutely nobody!
Same old, same old.

I heard part of the recording of Richard Arnold's meeting with United fans and finally I think you have someone at the top who knows what hes doing.

Pure honesty about the awful spending in recent years and your season this year as a whole - quite refreshing!

You'll sign a few, but for me, your outs this year are more important than what comes in.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First signing of the summer

Nayef Aguerd £30 million

Fast CB , will complement zouma nicely and mean balondawson will become super cover again

I believe areola will become the second signing (GK we had on loan)

Then we need to get a left back to sort the defence

After that only a cm and a striker to balance the entire squad

D

Deleted member 15344

This is the list of the most expensive players in the Prem

Out of the list is it fair to say only two have been a success with one being a potential

1. Grealish
2. Lukaku ( to Chelsea )
3. Pogba
4. Maguire
5. Sancho
6. Lukaku ( to Man Utd )
7. Van Dijk
8. Havertz
9. Pepe
10. Arrizabalaga

Only VVD and Havertz are what I would call a success at the moment

But that’s a heck of a lot of money spent on players that have failed to live up to expectations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the list of the most expensive players in the Prem

Out of the list is it fair to say only two have been a success with one being a potential

1. Grealish
2. Lukaku ( to Chelsea )
3. Pogba
4. Maguire
5. Sancho
6. Lukaku ( to Man Utd )
7. Van Dijk
8. Havertz
9. Pepe
10. Arrizabalaga

Only VVD and Havertz are what I would call a success at the moment

But that’s a heck of a lot of money spent on players that have failed to live up to expectations

Probably Grealish and Sancho have the potential to be a success - still early days for both. Agree with Van Dijk and Havertz.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Lukaku - the most expensive player in regards total transfers -£291 mil

And prob about you go out on loan ?‍♂️

Hopefully the last we see of him in the prem. Too much wasted money on someone who never seems to enjoy the premier league for some reason! (Despite pretty impressive stats over his time here)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hopefully the last we see of him in the prem. Too much wasted money on someone who never seems to enjoy the premier league for some reason! (Despite pretty impressive stats over his time here)
He is one dimensional and if you set up your team accordingly, as West Brom and Everton did, then he will be great for you. If you expect him to slot into a different style then he does not seem capable of dealing with that. Man Utd and Chelsea should have done their homework on him better than they did.