The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Extraordinary CL win for Real Madrid.

Tonight was less of a fluke than their wins en route! Herculean defending and goalkeeping when needed, and Liverpool just didn’t create enough unfortunately.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got to give them huge credit for the way they have defended - so solid and when getting past with a chance Courtois was there

Beating PSG , Chelsea , Man City and now looking like Liverpool to win CL is one heck of run

genuinely not sure how they won any of those ties let alone all of them lol, but fair play to them

D

Deleted member 15344

genuinely not sure how they won any of those ties let alone all of them lol, but fair play to them

mental isn’t it - must be one of the hardest runs to win the CL

Oh well gives some other fans something to cheers about

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Gutted we lost that. But wow. This team is superb. 2 trophies, CL final, 92 points in the league. And still get stick for not winning the lot?

Superb. They are all incredible.

The game? Madrid were great. Brilliant final. Shame we couldn't do it. Madrid deserved it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gutted we lost that. But wow. This team is superb. 2 trophies, CL final, 92 points in the league. And still get stick for not winning the lot?

Superb. They are all incredible.

The game? Madrid were great. Brilliant final. Shame we couldn't do it. Madrid deserved it.

Not winning the lot?
They only won two penalty shoot-outs when they were going for the quad.
Surely this will be seen as a disappointing season, as it was also for Man City?

D

Deleted member 15344

Not winning the lot?
Surely this will be seen as a disappointing season, as it was also for Man City?

Of course it’s not a disappointing season ffs

We won two trophies out of 4 and just missed out on two others , it’s disappointing to lose the final tonight and miss out on the league by 2 points but we walked away with winning two trophies - that’s more than some have won in decades

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We won two trophies out of 4 and just missed out on two others , it’s disappointing to lose the final tonight and miss out on the league by 2 points but we walked away with winning two trophies - that’s more than some have won in decades

Anti-climactic id say. Objectively a very good season though

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
RM defence was ridiculous.

It was a good final though, some great football from both.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Liverpool play this year. They deserved more silver, I still think they’re the best red team in my lifetime.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yeah the 2 Mickey Mouse trophies lad ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Most teams, and I include United in this, are not actually expected to win stuff, Liverpool were.
Three finals, which is very good, but they totalled 5½ hours of football and L'pool didn't score a goal!
Surely that has to be a disappointment.

D

Deleted member 15344

Most teams, and I include United in this, are not actually expected to win stuff, Liverpool were.
Three finals, which is very good, but they totalled 5½ hours of football and L'pool didn't score a goal!

Expected to win stuff ?

we weren’t expected to win the CL or the League this season - hardly anyone had us even coming 2nd or challenging

Were you disappointed when you won a trophy on penalties ?

Don’t care if it’s won 5 nil or on penalties- it’s a win

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Not winning the lot?
Am I disappointed? Yes. Obviously.

But as I said, getting stick for not winning all four, considering what we did do? Mad. Absolutely mad.

The league wasnt in our hands towards the end as is well documented. Tonight was. And overall we weren't good enough.

But that doesn't change how good this team is. And the fantastic season it has been. How many teams would give everything to have the season we've had? I'd say pretty much any of them.

Swango1980

Visit site
Michael Owen just tried to justify his comment that Liverpool are the best team in Europe.

Bizarre. Not only have they just lost the European Cup final, they aren't even the best team in England.

Good season for them nonetheless. Scraped the FA Cup and won the Mickey Mouse trophy. I reckon it solidifies Salah in the top 20 of the Balon d'Or votes

Pin-seeker

Visit site
That’s crazy ?