The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Huge result, huge.

DCL still doesn't look like scoring which is massively worrying. I'm not sure where our open play goals are coming from.

I'm down in liverpool tomorrow, meeting my liverpool season ticket holder cousin on Friday night. That's going to be a tough night ?

Get the lead away from home and manage the game. They aren't keeping the ball long enough and panic whenever the ball is near their penalty area. No real creativity or anyone to hold it up in midfield. Lack of goals an issue. How does the run in stack up with the other sides?

phillarrow

Visit site
Get the lead away from home and manage the game. They aren't keeping the ball long enough and panic whenever the ball is near their penalty area. No real creativity or anyone to hold it up in midfield. Lack of goals an issue. How does the run in stack up with the other sides?

Badly! ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm avoiding looking to be honest. At the end of the day, it is what it is. We are all down there for a reason so whoever any of us have to play it will be tough. Tension plays such a big role at this stage.

Swango1980

Visit site
I see the ref stopped the game when Chelsea were attacking, because a Real Madrid player went down with a sore foot. Is that a thing now? Diego Simeone would love that.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

This should answer your question Homer....
1649277833424.png
Definitely a harder run in than Burnley.....

1649277889734.png

Where are Everton going to pick up the points they need to stay up? The only one I'd be confident of them getting anything would be Watford and maybe Leicester depending on which Leicester turn up on the day. I can see Burnley getting something, at least a point, from Norwich, Southampton, Wolves, Watford and Villa x2. Also possibly Spurs if their season is over by then and Newcastle on the last day.

phillarrow

Visit site
who would have thought lumpard being a poor management appointment? oh wait just about everyone

To be fair, I think if you gave our defence to a management trio of Klopp, Guardiola, and Tuchel, they’d still end up looking like the Keystone Cops!
You can’t legislate for the kind of mistakes these lads are making.

What I'd love to understand is how it is possible to bring in two midfielders to the club who are so bad that they can't get a game ahead of Iwobi or Holgate? Who the hell is sanctioning these buys? Something is very rotten at Everton and it has been for years, Lampard is just the stooge who's going to end up costing us the ultimate price.

Swango1980

Visit site
P
This should answer your question Homer....
View attachment 42146
Definitely a harder run in than Burnley.....

View attachment 42147

Where are Everton going to pick up the points they need to stay up? The only one I'd be confident of them getting anything would be Watford and maybe Leicester depending on which Leicester turn up on the day. I can see Burnley getting something, at least a point, from Norwich, Southampton, Wolves, Watford and Villa x2. Also possibly Spurs if their season is over by then and Newcastle on the last day.
Pretty sure Everton will get points against Man Utd

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think the key difference between Everton and Burnley during their respective run-ins will be the managers.

Lampard has little or no pedigree. Dyche, on the other hand, has worked miracles repeatedly at Turf Moor, and has a very level head on his shoulders.

There’s generally one side which escapes the relegation scrap, and another which gets sucked into it. Burnley and Everton, respectively, are those two this season for me, and have been for some time.

4LEX

Visit site
Odd that you should refer to Neville as clueless, and then go on to make the same points he has, repeatedly.

That's not true though. Neville backed Ole for years when it was clear he was out of his depth and doing untold damage. Everything I said about MUFC and Ole has been proven correct over time. Ditto the Rangick appointment. The only thing I've got wrong is I thought Utd would finish Top 4 despite the turmoil. Still a slight chance of that with Spurs and Arsenal being made of jelly though ;)

Swango1980

Visit site
That's not true though. Neville backed Ole for years when it was clear he was out of his depth and doing untold damage. Everything I said about MUFC and Ole has been proven correct over time. Ditto the Rangick appointment. The only thing I've got wrong is I thought Utd would finish Top 4 despite the turmoil. Still a slight chance of that with Spurs and Arsenal being made of jelly though ;)
There is a difference between backing a manager, and simply not calling for him to be sacked. Do you really think Ole was doing untold damage, or the people above his pay grade?

I don't think anyone thought Ragnick would be a genius manager at Utd, not even the board, otherwise they'd have employed him full time. But, the manager they wanted wasn't available mid season, and so why employ a full time manager they don't really fancy? The season was pretty much a write off, and was really hope that we could finish top 4.

Neville has continually slated the owners of the club. He has continually discussed how bad the team have played. He criticised the Super League idea. Do you agree with any of that.