The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If youre playing anyone in the play offs you wont fancy it the form youd be going into them with!!!!
We'll be long promoted by then. I really think both Boro and Forest will be those form teams that hit the play-offs in the best form at the end of the season. Sometimes best to get in there by coming up on the rails rather than hanging about there

RichA

Visit site
As a lifelong Forest fan, before the match I'd said I just didnt want them to be humiliated. Obviously I'd have liked a win but I said I'd accept a one - nil defeat to a lucky goal in the last ten minutes. It just happened 3 minutes early. Thought we acquitted ourselves well. Now we can concentrate on the league. Yoooooooooo Reddddddds.
Likewise.
I just wanted us to give them a game and we did. I almost wish they'd scored 15 minutes earlier so we'd go all out to score for a bit longer.
The next few weeks will be a good fight, if we maintain our momentum. Haven't been to the City Ground for a few years, but the support looks epic at the moment.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The Premier League is shaping up now with 8-10 games left to play!

2 horse race for the title - cant see both being perfect for the remainder of the season AND they have to play at the Etihad still.

5 teams in with a shout of getting 4th spot (being kind to United and wolves I know - but its mathmatically possible)

Villa currently leading the "best of the rest" with Leicester, Southampton, Palace and Brighton - the 10 point gap to the teams above is too great now. Essentially we are all playing for nothing.

Newcastle will be safe - as are now Brentford and Leeds I imagine!

Everton, Watford and Burnley will be down to the wire - Id like to see Burnley stay up.

No saving Norwich

Im happy with 9th - would be disappointed with anything less. I said before the season began that if Villa finished the same or higher in the league as last year (11th) without Jack Grealish - then thats good progression considering how one dimensional we once were. Id like to see a good finish to the season, the title being decided on the final day would be very entertaining for the neutrals!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I believe that Watford will play a big part in who goes down as they have home games against Leeds, Brentford and Burnley.

Norwich are down but can play with freedom in home games against Burnley and Newcastle, so wouldn't be surprised if a couple of shocks occurred at Carrow Road.

Also the games between Burnley and Everton, Everton and Brentford and Brentford v Leeds will be ones to look out for the results....

Leeds are not safe with their form or goal difference....Everton's 2 games in hand over their rivals may prove crucial..as may Burnleys. Given that Newcastle still have to play away at Spurs and Man City and home to Liverpool and Arsenal and have tricky home games against Wolves, Leicester and in-form Palace, all of which could be a win/draw/loss means that they potentially have two crucial games away at Norwich and Burnley (last day of the season) where they may need to pick up at least 4 points.

There's still a lot to be won/lost down at the bottom.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I believe that Watford will play a big part in who goes down as they have home games against Leeds, Brentford and Burnley.

Norwich are down but can play with freedom in home games against Burnley and Newcastle, so wouldn't be surprised if a couple of shocks occurred at Carrow Road.

Also the games between Burnley and Everton, Everton and Brentford and Brentford v Leeds will be ones to look out for the results....

Leeds are not safe with their form or goal difference....Everton's 2 games in hand over their rivals may prove crucial..as may Burnleys. Given that Newcastle still have to play away at Spurs and Man City and home to Liverpool and Arsenal and have tricky home games against Wolves, Leicester and in-form Palace, all of which could be a win/draw/loss means that they potentially have two crucial games away at Norwich and Burnley (last day of the season) where they may need to pick up at least 4 points.

There's still a lot to be won/lost down at the bottom.

I agree that Norwich and Watford both have big parts to play. They will want to entertain their fans at home for the rest of the season and that could mean lots of goals (although maybe both ends). Hodgson will get Watford well drilled and organised and so it will be hard for those needing points against them to break them down but I don't think they'll pick up enough other points to get out of it. That said if Everton don't get their finger out it's not beyond the realms of possibility for them to be playing second tier football.

putterman60

Visit site
Re Everton............. i hope they don`t go down ............but you look at the situation there over the last ?? years ,then look in League One see Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Ipswich,Bolton .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In the few years before that and thereabouts, we used to get the train to Waterloo and just turn up at Spurs, Chelsea Arsenal and West Ham and pay even less than that as under 16s.

And folk think golf prices have gone nuts

Fulham were in the old division 3 and some of the outposts like Carlisle were dirt cheap to get into (and in relative terms cheap to get to on the trains with some clever booking. I use to go to other London clubs if Fulham weren't playing and it was easy to get in and didn't hurt the pocket