The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Although Sancho has recently started to improve on his performances, despite being in an underperforming side. I'd have thought he'd be worth a shout, would have been less surprised if he was in the squad and Maguire out (although Maguire seems to play better for England than Utd).

I just totally forgot about Sancho :ROFLMAO:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Easily done. I've also forgotten about Greenwood now as well. I wonder how long it will take for the allegations against him to be "proved" one way or the other? He could be missing for a very long time, regardless of the final outcome.
When you consider that both Everton and Man City have been missing a player each for most of this season and not much nearer to trials taking place, you can imagine it will be a very good while indeed before Greenwood's case gets looked at, assuming these things work in date order.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Easily done. I've also forgotten about Greenwood now as well. I wonder how long it will take for the allegations against him to be "proved" one way or the other? He could be missing for a very long time, regardless of the final outcome.

I knew someones name was missing! :ROFLMAO:

Greenwood - the least said the better I think! He needs to fade away into the distance and never return. Cant see a way back.

Swango1980

Visit site
When you consider that both Everton and Man City have been missing a player each for most of this season and not much nearer to trials taking place, you can imagine it will be a very good while indeed before Greenwood's case gets looked at, assuming these things work in date order.
To be fair, I do not work in law. However, I'm sure it is not in date order. I guess it is largely down to how long the prosecution needs to put their case together? I suspect in some cases this could take a very long time, to ensure their case is robust. In other cases, maybe not so long, if they do not need to take as much time to gather the evidence, etc.

However, either way, in these types of cases I'm sure it takes some time for the prosecution to build their case. So there is probably no light at the end of the tunnel in terms of seeing when that final decision will be made.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Am I the only one whos never heard of Guehi?

Exactly why I feared him being called up! Under the radar was good for us.

We bought him off Chelsea for £20m+ at start of season, England youth captain through all of the age grades. He has been superb for us. Fairly quick for a CB and good with the ball at feet. He is a leader and has recently become our captain. Only weakness for me is he is not as dominant in the air as some, but for England that is probably not as big as issue as most countries don't play direct.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Maguire is in the England squad. What planet is Southgate on. Seriously. He has took out Sancho and Walker. Walker I don’t get. For a manager who don’t like defenders bombing forward. What’s his thought process behind that. Sancho. What has he done wrong? He is part of our future.

Swango1980

Visit site
Exactly why I feared him being called up! Under the radar was good for us.

We bought him off Chelsea for £20m+ at start of season, England youth captain through all of the age grades. He has been superb for us. Fairly quick for a CB and good with the ball at feet. He is a leader and has recently become our captain. Only weakness for me is he is not as dominant in the air as some, but for England that is probably not as big as issue as most countries don't play direct.
Want to swap him for Wan Bissaka?

Swango1980

Visit site
Maguire is in the England squad. What planet is Southgate on. Seriously. He has took out Sancho and Walker. Walker I don’t get. For a manager who don’t like defenders bombing forward. What’s his thought process behind that. Sancho. What has he done wrong? He is part of our future.
What has he done wrong? Southgate had no faith in him to play much part in the Euro's, and then made the bizarre decision to bring him and Rashford on for the final penalty shootout, which ended up being a big failure. I just think he doesn't fancy him at all. Sterling is the golden boy, and probably Foden as well and maybe Grealish (after a lot of pressure from fans and media when he wasn't so keen to pick him). Rashford's form certainly does not warrant him being anywhere near the England squad, but there seems to be a lot more reasons to put Sancho in the squad at least after the last month or 2 of performances.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Team news out for tonight. Pickford out ill so Begovic in. A relief as Pickford always gets psyched out by abuse from Toon fans.

I don't understand not playing Calvert Lewin though ?‍♂️

putterman60

Visit site
Team news out for tonight. Pickford out ill so Begovic in. A relief as Pickford always gets psyched out by abuse from Toon fans.

oh well every game now is huge for the toffees.......... Calvert Lewin will come on as ssub and get a hat trick ................ and Newcastle will win 5-3

3pts needed badly tonight

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Talking to the grandsproggs headteacher. He’s an Evertonian. He is a bit narked the fans are getting on the players backs. He reckons it’s tough enough for them as it is. He thinks if they get relegated then give them some grief.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Walker will be back, strange why he's not in?
I'd have thought Maguire would of being dropped.

Plenty of youth in there so good to see Southgate continuing to give younger players a taste of international football. It is something we seemed to have done better in the last few years and seems to mirror much more what the likes of Germany, France and Spain have done for a while. One thing playing U21 but playing against senior sides and different types of styles can only help their development.