The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Just had a look on a site re wages. Ironically an LFC site. Anyway it shows the Utd wages. Flipping eck there stealing a living. The Liverpool players wages look quite healthy compared and that’s an understatement. The squad did look like it’s getting on a bit though. Is a rebuild already underway.

I think the first 11 is well underway.... The new front 3 could eventually be Diaz, Jota, Elliot..... The only "old" one in defence is VVD. Couple of midfield are getting on a little, but nothing urgent. Fabinho is 28, Keita is ok age... But it's nothing to be overly concerned about I don't think.

In terms of the Salah situation.... I don't want to see him go, I want him to stay with us for another 3-4 years at least. But not at the cost of £350k-£450k per week, that opens the floodgates for a wage structure that's not sustainable and not in keeping with our club... Unlike 3 others in the league.

If he leaves, he leaves. The world keeps turning.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's down to the club having a wage structure that they're not prepared to smash. Whther its right or wrong that will remain to be seen but personally i'd give him close to whatever wants.

I also understand the club dont have a bottomless pot of money like some clubs have to be funding such wages.

The alledged figure is rumoured to be somewhere betweeen £350-£450k.
Love that range of £££s/week when Dalglish cost Liverpool all of £440k - a transfer fee which they couldn’t afford as they funded transfers out of the bank balance and bank loans. My uncle was Liverpool‘s bank manager at the time and he told Paisley that they couldn’t afford him. Paisley had to convince my uncle to finance Liverpool buying him - he became convinced and enjoyed many years watching Dalglish from the Anfield Directors Box and in European Cup finals as the guest of the club :)

D

Deleted member 15344

It's down to the club having a wage structure that they're not prepared to smash. Whther its right or wrong that will remain to be seen but personally i'd give him close to whatever wants.

I also understand the club dont have a bottomless pot of money like some clubs have to be funding such wages.

The alledged figure is rumoured to be somewhere betweeen £350-£450k.

Guess it’s going to come down to what the player wants - the club have always been very strong in regards wage offers , VVD recently signed his new contract at £230k a week , Salah no doubt has been offered more than that but not much more , when you add in the various bonuses then he is going to take home a lot of money , the club won’t give him over £350k - no chance and if that’s what he wants then he will prob be sold , but I don’t see where he will end up and be the same player. He can be the best paid player at the club , continue to play in a system that suits his game , be idolised by the fans , continue to challenge and win trophies - or he can look for £100k more a week ?‍♂️

I have a feeling the agent is trying to milk his worth with it being the last big contract

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If we only have clowns operating it then its not going to work. I thought it was just refs in the National League that were poor but it seems to have spread all the way to the top.
Ave said it before and I will continue to say it. VAR was brought in to help referees who were struggling with the pace of the game, or were incompetent. The same incompetent refs are running VAR. How could we expect any other. There was a time When the suggestion was that ex pro players went into becoming referees. At the very least the people that oversee footballers, PFA? Should be insisting that ex pros are in the Booth at Stockley Park if only to give a players perspective on certain
“Incidents”.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ave said it before and I will continue to say it. VAR was brought in to help referees who were struggling with the pace of the game, or were incompetent. The same incompetent refs are running VAR. How could we expect any other. There was a time When the suggestion was that ex pro players went into becoming referees. At the very least the people that oversee footballers, PFA? Should be insisting that ex pros are in the Booth at Stockley Park if only to give a players perspective on certain
“Incidents”.

Poachers turned gamekeeper, interesting concept

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Guess it’s going to come down to what the player wants - the club have always been very strong in regards wage offers , VVD recently signed his new contract at £230k a week , Salah no doubt has been offered more than that but not much more , when you add in the various bonuses then he is going to take home a lot of money , the club won’t give him over £350k - no chance and if that’s what he wants then he will prob be sold , but I don’t see where he will end up and be the same player. He can be the best paid player at the club , continue to play in a system that suits his game , be idolised by the fans , continue to challenge and win trophies - or he can look for £100k more a week ?‍♂️

I have a feeling the agent is trying to milk his worth with it being the last big contract

Be idolised by a load of Stone Island clad Neanderthals or put another £5million a year in the the bank. Tough choice.

Don’t forget that to most players, football is just a job and they don’t have the emotional attachment to a club the fans do.