The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mate, you need think about it, Southgate is under contract for another 2 years, so, unless he resigns or does something daft (unlikely) then the bookies will fill it with strange, nonsensical starters in the hope some clown wastes their money on putting a bet on it now. Bookies aren’t daft at getting fools and their money to seperate.
I don't bet so I guess I look at these things too literally. What you say makes sense ?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can’t believe what I just witnessed. How can you be leading in the last minute of injury time and manage to lose the match!

I don’t rate John Moss as a ref and today confirmed it. Of course I am biased, but the decisions only seemed to go one way. Twice he even gave free kicks to Spurs when the Leicester player was fouled. In the last couple of minutes Steve Bergwin raised his arms and shoved one of our players to the ground - could have been a red.

On a more positive note James Justin had his first appearance for eleven months and looked sharp.

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can’t believe what I just witnessed. How can you be leading in the last minute of injury time and manage to lose the match!

I don’t rate John Moss as a ref and today confirmed it. Of course I am biased, but the decisions only seemed to go one way. Twice he even gave free kicks to Spurs when the Leicester player was fouled. In the last couple of minutes Steve Bergwin raised his arms and shoved one of our players to the ground - could have been a red.

On a more positive note James Justin had his first appearance for eleven months and looked sharp.

What a open game that was both teams playing progressive football was a joy to watch.

The amount of chances we had in the first half we should have had the game sown up, Spurs looked very fit and really up for the game must have something to do with having played less games.

I was glad when we equalized as I thought a draw would have been a fair result but what a crazy finish.

Although Bergwin laid hands on your defender and pushed him in the box that was never going to be a red card.

What was your team doing throwing away the draw at the end Rodger’s must have been livid when he went in, you must be gutted.

Great game though ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Leicester were a bit 'Spursy' I thought. :LOL: Didn't get to watch it, so imagine my surprise when I saw Bergwijn had scored two goals deep in injury time. Normally struggles to hit the target so some feat from him.

Last edited:

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Leicester were a bit 'Spursy' I thought. :LOL: Didn't get to watch it, so imagine my surprise when I saw Bergwijn had scored two goals deep in injury. Normally struggles to hit the target so some feat from him.
Same here, didn't watch the game and was stunned when I saw that Spurs had scored two very late goals. A great result, just need to turn Chelski over at the weekend.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You 2 missed a great game end to end the whole game best game I’ve seen Spurs this season.

Need to better defensively Sunday will be a much different game maybe the other poor sods will still be tired. ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Not sure Id be blaming Moss for what happened at the end last night as bad as he is. Poor old Soyuncu getting felled by a little push by someone not even 10 stone dripping wet lol and then going complete walk about and Kaspar not knowing if hes coming or going and doing neither (almost every top keeper wouldve got to the final goal way before Bergwyn did)

As you say great to see Justin back, decent player and been a long time out

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
You 2 missed a great game end to end the whole game best game I’ve seen Spurs this season.

Need to better defensively Sunday will be a much different game maybe the other poor sods will still be tired. ?

It was indeed a great game and Conte seems to have got spurs firing on all cylinders again. Kane looked sharp and back to his best, could have had a hat trick in the first half but for some last ditch defending and hitting the bar.
I agree with Schmeichel comment, I thought he would come out to stop Bergwyin scoring.
Overall a great game for the neutral!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So an Arsenal player being investigated for odd betting patterns on him to be booked earlier in the season. Anyone want to lay me a price its the clown at Leeds lol
You were on the money by the way. Someone stuck 60 grand on Xhaka to get booked, while there was only 10 or 15 minutes left. He booted Raphinha and got away with it, then subsequently got a yellow card for timewasting when he simply stood over a free kick for about 2 minutes. In the grand scheme of things though, it often looks like Xhaka is trying to get carded on purpose, so quite hard to prove this one, haha. Maybe all this time he's been like Mickey from Snatch - "that's when I realised, he's always got money on himself..."

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was indeed a great game and Conte seems to have got spurs firing on all cylinders again. Kane looked sharp and back to his best, could have had a hat trick in the first half but for some last ditch defending and hitting the bar.
I agree with Schmeichel comment, I thought he would come out to stop Bergwyin scoring.
Overall a great game for the neutral!
Kane just loves scoring against Leicester for some reason. It's like he took their title win over us as a personal insult, since then he's scored so many goals against them.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
season over, not even the end of january and artetas the messiah according to most, something doesnt add up! completely outplayed by Liverpool, not surprisingly as we are every time we play anyone decent. good to see us knocking about in our own half when 2-0 down too :(

lol Partey been home 5 mins and another red for our midfield, obv needs a holiday

ps assume we wont be hearing Liverpool fans complaining about sides timewasting in future ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only Muller and Messi had more assists than TAA. In top leagues in Europe since 2018.
He’s more than a full back MOM for me fantastic display .
We missed a few chances at 1-0 but Jota also fantastic.
Gunners just nothing up front.