The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well offer him £10m a year and see if he bites then :) Id bet the house Graham Potter isnt your next manager, because apart from an inflated salary everything else would be a downgrade on his current situation and think he is on a decent path
Sadly I'd agree with you. I just answered 'who would you like'? ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There's a large element of mates defence there, yes. But I thought it reflected my wider concerns quite well. Looking from the outside in (because that's all we get) the only pattern of behaviour I see from the club is a long sequence of chaotic decisions without any direction or vision. It's not a pattern that's unique to Rafa, we've been doing it repeatedly, so if it keeps happening with each new manager we bring in, who's responsible? I'm just angry that we keep making the same mistakes, that there's no long term strategy and that we have been awful at playing football for so bloody long. ?

I was hoping Rafa would get more time but I also agree some of his decisions have been really bad. There were some glimmers of hope with him, even though some of the better performances are probably more down to luck than anything else. And, fair play to him, Pickford's been under pressure to perform miracles and without the good one turning up to so many games I think we would have conceded a lot more. There's just no escaping the hard facts of the scoresheets, Rafa was done for.

So back to the "What the flaps are we doing now?" question.

Martinez? MARTINEZ? The Martinez who sued us for 10 million last time he was fired? That Martinez?

ARRRGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!

We're so bad I wouldn't be surprised if we're approaching Rafa to replace himself.

Been doing it since Moyes left, as Utd have done since Fergie left. Unfortunately, Everton have reached a point where the squad is pitiful and lacking in depth. It’ll take way more than a change of manager to right the ship.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would Martinez be a bad move. Has got more experience since leaving. Not sure they will attract a "big name" so where do Everton go. Not sure Rooney is the man although he's doing a good job in crippling circumstances. Clearly there is an element of discontent within the squad that needs to be quelled and they need new players but not sure how much the Everton name would appeal at the moment

D

Deleted member 16999

Been doing it since Moyes left, as Utd have done since Fergie left. Unfortunately, Everton have reached a point where the squad is pitiful and lacking in depth. It’ll take way more than a change of manager to right the ship.
I don’t believe the squad is pitiful Bri, it’s not the strongest I agree, but with the right manager and luck with injuries (as per every other team wants) I believe we are capable of top 8-10, that’s what I was hoping from Benitez and then next season looking at 6-8.

Ancelotti had us playing some good stuff and I think 4th at Christmas before our home form fell away, he left and with Benitez’s experience I thought he’d make us harder to beat and keep us midtable in his first season, I didn’t expect him to weaken us and fall out with players, also tactically he made some very strange decisions, ie Coleman at LB and Digne as a Sub.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I don’t believe the squad is pitiful Bri, it’s not the strongest I agree, but with the right manager and luck with injuries (as per every other team wants) I believe we are capable of top 8-10, that’s what I was hoping from Benitez and then next season looking at 6-8.

Ancelotti had us playing some good stuff and I think 4th at Christmas before our home form fell away, he left and with Benitez’s experience I thought he’d make us harder to beat and keep us midtable in his first season, I didn’t expect him to weaken us and fall out with players, also tactically he made some very strange decisions, ie Coleman at LB and Digne as a Sub.

Individually, it’s Utd’s squad, i.e. Some good players, but, who just can’t play together anymore. Sacking Benitez is only the start point on a difficult road. Half the team needs to go, if only to change the mindset. If that doesn’t happen, I think Everton will only oscillate around mid table.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

I swore out loud when Adrian Durham on Talksport kept saying they should get Moyes back! ?
If we sell Rice and don’t back him I could see it happening. Be a good fit too.

D

Deleted member 16999

Individually, it’s Utd’s squad, i.e. Some good players, but, who just can’t play together anymore. Sacking Benitez is only the start point on a difficult road. Half the team needs to go, if only to change the mindset. If that doesn’t happen, I think Everton will only oscillate around mid table.
I’ll take that right now.:)

I swore out loud when Adrian Durham on Talksport kept saying they should get Moyes back! ?
If we sell Rice and don’t back him I could see it happening. Be a good fit too.
Moyes isn’t coming back, A. Why would he? and B. Durham’s an idiot.(y)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Would Martinez be a bad move. Has got more experience since leaving. Not sure they will attract a "big name" so where do Everton go. Not sure Rooney is the man although he's doing a good job in crippling circumstances. Clearly there is an element of discontent within the squad that needs to be quelled and they need new players but not sure how much the Everton name would appeal at the moment

didnt Martinez take them to court for about £10m after they fired him?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
https://www.90min.com/posts/fifpro-men-s-world-xi-for-2021-revealed-01fsmppn8mw0/amp

FIFPro Men's World XI 2021: Donnarumma; Dias, Alaba, Bonucci; Jorginho, Kante, De Bruyne; Ronaldo, Haaland, Lewandowski, Messi

Do we need to wait until Ronaldo and Messi retire before these awards become meaningful again

Salah in the top 3 of players yet Ronaldo in the team of year once again ????

When it allows fans to vote of course the likes of Ronaldo and Messi are going to be in there

D

Deleted member 15344

blimey - it’s like files around the proverbial, all came out the woodwork for a little cheap dig

My number one stalker has his own little group ?????