The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it possible that the person doing the tests, the medical staff not the player taking the test, had Covid at the time and has contaminated the players' tests? Mrs Colch tested our elder boy with an LFT when she was positive and it came up with a strong positive. Got him a PCR test and it was negative. The only thing we could think was that she had contaminated his test.

Swango1980

Visit site
Is it possible that the person doing the tests, the medical staff not the player taking the test, had Covid at the time and has contaminated the players' tests? Mrs Colch tested our elder boy with an LFT when she was positive and it came up with a strong positive. Got him a PCR test and it was negative. The only thing we could think was that she had contaminated his test.
I'd like to think no, unless they stuck it down their throat and up their nose. If it was that easy for an infected person to contaminate a test (and multiple tests), I'd wonder why on earth the instructions are forcing me to gag every time I stick the think onto my tonsils, when I could get away with just touching the thing.

D

Deleted member 15344

No idea ?‍♂ - I did hear on the wireless that the new PCR that just goes up the nose doesn’t appear to be as fool proof at the previous ones - same with the LFT.

During the first year there was an outbreak At a sandwich factory in Northampton- loads were positive on PCR despite being negative on LFT - it was found to be contaminated during transit and about 30% of them were wrong

I guess with people faking negative tests to be able to go abroad or some faking positive tests to avoid work or school you could see people thinking sports teams would do something but imo the risk is far too great of them being caught

Swango1980

Visit site
No idea ?‍♂ - I did hear on the wireless that the new PCR that just goes up the nose doesn’t appear to be as fool proof at the previous ones - same with the LFT.

During the first year there was an outbreak At a sandwich factory in Northampton- loads were positive on PCR despite being negative on LFT - it was found to be contaminated during transit and about 30% of them were wrong

I guess with people faking negative tests to be able to go abroad or some faking positive tests to avoid work or school you could see people thinking sports teams would do something but imo the risk is far too great of them being caught
Yeah, sports teams would never do anything dodgy........

I see Arsenal looking to get the North London derby postponed.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
shame to see Arsenal requesting a postponement this weekend. Got 4 players at the AFcon, 1 idiot suspended, let 2 go out on loan in the last few days and a few injuries. couple of positive tests and can we cancel, wonder where they got that idea ;)

Pin-seeker

Visit site

What about all the sports stars that get caught taking PEDs?
Let’s be honest here Phil,they’ve played the game using covid to their advantage & done their homework before hand.
Simples ????

D

Deleted member 15344

Friday Night Football has just done a very good interview with Parrish and a Brighton exec

they mainly spoke about the money within the sport and the way it’s funnelled down to the EFL -

Parrish brought up wage caps and each club having a wage cap linked to the level of income the club brings in - example club has a maximum wage bill of 75% of overall commercial and match day income

Is that something that could work in the Prem ? I know La Liga have it at 70% and it’s one of the things that’s crippled Barcelona

Would it make any difference?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Friday Night Football has just done a very good interview with Parrish and a Brighton exec

they mainly spoke about the money within the sport and the way it’s funnelled down to the EFL -

Parrish brought up wage caps and each club having a wage cap linked to the level of income the club brings in - example club has a maximum wage bill of 75% of overall commercial and match day income

Is that something that could work in the Prem ? I know La Liga have it at 70% and it’s one of the things that’s crippled Barcelona

Would it make any difference?
So the top clubs are able to pay the bigger wages and stay at the top?

D

Deleted member 15344

on what basis is wages as a percentage of income a fair way to cap spend? seems a very specific metric which no one can explain why it is the right one

Parrish was saying that it would help encourage clubs to improve their stadium etc

This is the La Liga one

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...lub-revealed-barcelona-forced-slash-costs/amp

La Liga’s salary budget is the only one of its kind in Europe’s major leagues. It holds its member clubs responsible for their expenditure and ensures that they remain within the confines of their revenue generated.

The league president, Javier Tebas, introduced a 70% rule, where a club’s wage bill should not be more than 70% of their entire income.

But there are also underlying rules in place in terms of a club’s total debt which feeds into the number applied to a club’s salary limit which is why two clubs - Barcelona and Valencia - who have continued to spend despite amassing significant losses have been so adversely affected here.”

i know US Sports have blanket levels across all but they have drafts and no transfers etc

Would a blanket level ie £150mil for example work or would it need to be across all leagues

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Parrish was saying that it would help encourage clubs to improve their stadium etc

This is the La Liga one

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...lub-revealed-barcelona-forced-slash-costs/amp

La Liga’s salary budget is the only one of its kind in Europe’s major leagues. It holds its member clubs responsible for their expenditure and ensures that they remain within the confines of their revenue generated.

The league president, Javier Tebas, introduced a 70% rule, where a club’s wage bill should not be more than 70% of their entire income.

But there are also underlying rules in place in terms of a club’s total debt which feeds into the number applied to a club’s salary limit which is why two clubs - Barcelona and Valencia - who have continued to spend despite amassing significant losses have been so adversely affected here.”

i know US Sports have blanket levels across all but they have drafts and no transfers etc

Would a blanket level ie £150mil for example work or would it need to be across all leagues
Improve their stadiums?
Improving stadiums doesn’t mean bigger crowds ?‍♂️

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

This is the La Liga one

that just doesnt explain why its fair, that explains why he thinks it would be a workable option, holding Spain up as an example is kind of laughable as well over how they have operated over the years too

if they want to make it fair then cap spending for 20 years to include the last 15 and let anyone who wants to catch up catch up, then put a proper tfr spending and wages cap on them all at the same level and divi up the tv money equally. lets see if the big clubs and their fans are so keen then rather than on a system that keeps a handful of clubs at a massive advantage over anyone who receives new funding

Pin-seeker

Visit site
that just doesnt explain why its fair, that explains why he thinks it would be a workable option, holding Spain up as an example is kind of laughable as well over how they have operated over the years too

if they want to make it fair then cap spending for 20 years to include the last 15 and let anyone who wants to catch up catch up, then put a proper tfr spending and wages cap on them all at the same level and divi up the tv money equally. lets see if the big clubs and their fans are so keen then rather than on a system that keeps a handful of clubs at a massive advantage over anyone who receives new funding
Spot on.

D

Deleted member 15344

It was just an attempt at a discussion point that’s all

I’ll retreat and not attempt one again

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is where keepers get too much protection in my eyes.... Yes he had it in 2 hands, but he just as much fell onto the Brighton player as the Brighton player did make an attempt to win the ball. Think he was a tad fortunate there.