The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Arsenal deserved that after the farce of the first leg being called off. Big fan of Liverpool and Klopp generally but poor form the Arsenal game was off and they managed to field a team in the FA Cup 3 days later and put out a strong side tonight.

Why was it a farce that the game was called off ?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our most creative option were terrible Arsenal back passes tonight.

Trust us to get their worst player sent off. we can vastly improve on that performance, all to play for.

4LEX

Visit site
Why was it a farce that the game was called off ?

Because you played a few days before the game in question and a few days after. It was cancelled due to injuries and Mane/Salah being away more so than Covid. Which makes it a farce. If you had Man Utd or Man City in the FA Cup instead of a walkover I've no doubt that game would've been cancelled too. Most clubs with genuine Covid outbreaks miss 2-3 games, not just one favorable one. Not blaming Liverpool for trying it on, other clubs have done the same and the fault lies with the powers that be for letting clubs get away with it and not having proper rules in place.

If Arsenal postponed the second leg due to Covid for a week until Smith-Rowe, Saka and Odegaard were fully fit I'm sure you'd call it a farce too.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Because you played a few days before the game in question and a few days after. It was cancelled due to injuries and Mane/Salah being away more so than Covid. Which makes it a farce. If you had Man Utd or Man City in the FA Cup instead of a walkover I've no doubt that game would've been cancelled too. Most clubs with genuine Covid outbreaks miss 2-3 games, not just one favorable one. Not blaming Liverpool for trying it on, other clubs have done the same and the fault lies with the powers that be for letting clubs get away with it and not having proper rules in place.

If Arsenal postponed the second leg due to Covid for a week until Smith-Rowe, Saka and Odegaard were fully fit I'm sure you'd call it a farce too.....

A significant number of players returned positive Covid tests to the point that the training had to close - players sent to to isolation to add to the three already in isolation because of Covid - the club followed guidelines set out by the government and the sport and requested the game postponed. We had already 3 players out with Covid missing the previous game and played it

The FA Cup game went ahead because the tests were found to be false positives so the training ground opened up on Friday and some players returned from isolation to be able to field a team in the cup with a number of Academy players

Do you really think a club would falsify Covid tests to avoid playing a game ?

Which “injured” players did we cancel it for ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

100% yes.
Wow - I know at times the sport isn’t great but falsify tests - which were all done by an independent company.

So which was it - the club lied about the results ?

Or Klopp sat there with a pen and drew the line ?

Are all teams doing it then to get games called off ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow - I know at times the sport isn’t great but falsify tests - which were all done by an independent company.

So which was it - the club lied about the results ?

Or Klopp sat there with a pen and drew the line ?

Are all teams doing it then to get games called off ?

I'm not sure but like the Djokovic thing, it smells fishy.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm not sure but like the Djokovic thing, it smells fishy.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ool-false-positives-jurgen-klopp-22726116.amp

"Between the first test and the second test, and the second and third test, you cannot use the players. That's how the rules are, and in general the rules are for all of us.

"Then they get a third test and it was negative as well, then that's it.

"But it was four days later. We couldn't do anything different. From the first moment we got the positive tests, we had to consider that it was the right result, as you can imagine. They were PCR tests, by the way."

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Showed how much Liverpool rely on Salah and Sane. Jota has done a decent job but the others don't seem on it. Always going to be hard to break a side that sits behind the ball even before the sending off. What a clown and surely Arsenal need to be moving him on

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ool-false-positives-jurgen-klopp-22726116.amp

"Between the first test and the second test, and the second and third test, you cannot use the players. That's how the rules are, and in general the rules are for all of us.

"Then they get a third test and it was negative as well, then that's it.

"But it was four days later. We couldn't do anything different. From the first moment we got the positive tests, we had to consider that it was the right result, as you can imagine. They were PCR tests, by the way."

Do you know what the false positive rate is for LFT and PCR? Obviously not. If you tested the all the players and staff you might be unlucky and get 2 false positives, and that’s using the extreme predicted figure, not the average.

”They we’re PCR tests by the way.” Really? PCR tests were they? Mmm, maybe Liverpool didn’t get the memo from the Premier League on the 4th Jan re which tests to use and when to use them.

Like I said, naïve.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you know what the false positive rate is for LFT and PCR? Obviously not. If you tested the all the players and staff you might be unlucky and get 2 false positives, and that’s using the extreme predicted figure, not the average.

”They we’re PCR tests by the way.” Really? PCR tests were they? Mmm, maybe Liverpool didn’t get the memo from the Premier League on the 4th Jan re which tests to use and when to use them.

Like I said, naïve.

40 positive tests were returned so the club followed the rules set out - the club use an independent testing company to ensure there is full disclosure

Is corruption that bad that a club would lie just so that a game can be postponed

And for what reason would the club want the club postponed? The only play who wouldn’t have been available that was last night was Matip - the injured players were still going to be injured and the players still away for AFCON - we also lost home advantage for the second leg , now have to play 2 games in 4 days .

So the club some how falsified 40 PCR tests , to ensure the training ground was closed all just to have Matip available - he is good but not that good.

So what was the reason for the club to go to that lengths just to get a game postponed?

Multiple clubs have had games postponed- some have had two yet not a peep of corruption ?

All through the Covid thread there are many Footballers highlighted for breaking Covid rules for parties and disrespecting the rules - we have a club follow the rules as required yet then get fingers pointed at them.

Is the bitterness that bad in football now , is it that far gone now for some to immediately look towards cheating and corruption.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You would be very naive to think there’s not corruption in football worldwide.
With the amount of money involved in football now it’s pretty much guaranteed.
Human beings are greedy in every walk of life you only have to watch the news to see that.
Watching the game last night I saw two teams who have very weakened squads for whatever reasons and overall a very poor game.
It’s certainly not over.