The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Bitterness? You asked a simple question, i and others have given honest answers, because it doesn’t suit your agenda don’t go all ? on us.

I can only judge on what I can see - a club follows the rules and protocols just like other clubs but appear to be highlighted as falsifying Covid results to get a game postponed for some unknown reason.

Whilst i suspect clubs aren’t perfect in all respects I don’t see Liverpool or indeed any club falsifying Covid results just so they can get a game postponed - it maybe naive but there is certainly no precedent to suggest it’s happen. Even more so when each club has come and explain every situation- and it’s all happening is multiple sports with games postponed because of Covid cases.

If a team is caught falsifying the results then lll put my hands up and say I got it wrong but I don’t see clubs going to that level.

Swango1980

Visit site
I can only judge on what I can see - a club follows the rules and protocols just like other clubs but appear to be highlighted as falsifying Covid results to get a game postponed for some unknown reason.

Whilst i suspect clubs aren’t perfect in all respects I don’t see Liverpool or indeed any club falsifying Covid results just so they can get a game postponed - it maybe naive but there is certainly no precedent to suggest it’s happen. Even more so when each club has come and explain every situation- and it’s all happening is multiple sports with games postponed because of Covid cases.

If a team is caught falsifying the results then lll put my hands up and say I got it wrong but I don’t see clubs going to that level.

I'm not surprised there is no precedent, it is not like clubs have had to postpone games for Covid for many decades. However, Liverpool may well be the club to set that precedent. I've raised an eyebrow on a number of occasions when teams have had games postponed. Even if Covid tests were genuine on most occasions, would it not be very easy to declare other players "injured" just to ensure they meet the criteria to have the game postponed?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not surprised there is no precedent, it is not like clubs have had to postpone games for Covid for many decades. However, Liverpool may well be the club to set that precedent. I've raised an eyebrow on a number of occasions when teams have had games postponed. Even if Covid tests were genuine on most occasions, would it not be very easy to declare other players "injured" just to ensure they meet the criteria to have the game postponed?

I think Blood Gate in rugby proved how far top professional teams will go to get an advantage. Other football teams get accused of financial unfairness to get an advantage, cooking covid results and/or injuries is just another step in the same direction.

D

Deleted member 15344

Injuries wasn’t the reason why we asked for the game to be postponed - we haven’t got that many.

The club using an independent company came back with 40 Positive PCR results for staff and players at the training ground - this was not long after we had four others out with Covid

Because it was such a high amount the training ground had to close and they then did more testing the next day and it was then most came back negative apart from TAA and some staff members , they then had to do a third round of testing to ensure all those false positives were exactly that ( apart from a couple ) - once that was done on third round and the tests came back negative then that’s when the training ground was back open ( believe the Friday ) and some sort of normality resumes

No for me that’s quite an elaborate plan just so that the club could postpone a game that would gain them any advantage at all - the same players would were out for when it was due to be played are still out ?‍♂️ - so it’s seems quite a lot of work to create issues for no gain at all ?

Swango1980

Visit site
Injuries wasn’t the reason why we asked for the game to be postponed - we haven’t got that many.

The club using an independent company came back with 40 Positive PCR results for staff and players at the training ground - this was not long after we had four others out with Covid

Because it was such a high amount the training ground had to close and they then did more testing the next day and it was then most came back negative apart from TAA and some staff members , they then had to do a third round of testing to ensure all those false positives were exactly that ( apart from a couple ) - once that was done on third round and the tests came back negative then that’s when the training ground was back open ( believe the Friday ) and some sort of normality resumes

No for me that’s quite an elaborate plan just so that the club could postpone a game that would gain them any advantage at all - the same players would were out for when it was due to be played are still out ?‍♂️ - so it’s seems quite a lot of work to create issues for no gain at all ?

I never said this. The first part of my post was related to Liverpool. However, the second part of my post was discussing the topic more generally. The fact that Liverpool don't have that many injuries was probably WHY they couldn't get away with pretending a few extra players were injured, and instead had to fake Covid results :)

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Burnley vs Leicester off now......no Burnley players......they have just sold their main striker for Gods sake and then call off the game. Jesus its so obvious.

Anyway, after Millwall away last week in the cup which I'm still revelling in, especially as the 'dockers' showed their true colours off the pitch. Their CEO has just announced an aptly named 'don't be a tosser' campaign down here to try to identify and ban the supporters who pelted bottles onto the pitch. He is new to Millwall and maybe as the CEO he should re-consider as if they banned all of the 'tossers' they would have no one watching them within weeks.

Quite night tonight...........off to the South coast for Brighton away.......what a week!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Covid card being in many walks of life now is ridiculous it’s such a cop out.
Got to feel for the genuine ones but atm it’s like Peter and the wolf.
Anyone with real Covid probably wouldn’t be playing football 3 days later.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Phil, sit this one out.(y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arteta got to take a massive chunk of the blame, not only for not selling the clown when he shouldve in the summer, but insisting how important he is and telling the fans how wrong we are about him, to letting AMN go out on loan early in january despite us having no midfield for the month

North London derby at the weekend, midfield of Lokonga and Chambers lol
Apparently Wilshere has been training with you. If he comes back it'll be like a new signing.....

I'm getting deja vu. :LOL:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
40 positive tests were returned so the club followed the rules set out - the club use an independent testing company to ensure there is full disclosure

Is corruption that bad that a club would lie just so that a game can be postponed

And for what reason would the club want the club postponed? The only play who wouldn’t have been available that was last night was Matip - the injured players were still going to be injured and the players still away for AFCON - we also lost home advantage for the second leg , now have to play 2 games in 4 days .

So the club some how falsified 40 PCR tests , to ensure the training ground was closed all just to have Matip available - he is good but not that good.

So what was the reason for the club to go to that lengths just to get a game postponed?

Multiple clubs have had games postponed- some have had two yet not a peep of corruption ?

All through the Covid thread there are many Footballers highlighted for breaking Covid rules for parties and disrespecting the rules - we have a club follow the rules as required yet then get fingers pointed at them.

Is the bitterness that bad in football now , is it that far gone now for some to immediately look towards cheating and corruption.

Blah, blah, blah blah, blah… what a crock of… like I said, naïve.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Covid card being in many walks of life now is ridiculous it’s such a cop out.
Got to feel for the genuine ones but atm it’s like Peter and the wolf.
Anyone with real Covid probably wouldn’t be playing football 3 days later.

It’s a tough one to call to be fair, I tested positive on Tuesday, felt dicey on Tuesday and Wednesday, but yesterday I felt a lot better, today I feel better again.
The new VOC seems to impact differently to delta or alpha VOCs, and for me has been more like stomach bug than a respiratory one at present. Not saying a could play a premier league match though.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because you played a few days before the game in question and a few days after. It was cancelled due to injuries and Mane/Salah being away more so than Covid. Which makes it a farce. If you had Man Utd or Man City in the FA Cup instead of a walkover I've no doubt that game would've been cancelled too. Most clubs with genuine Covid outbreaks miss 2-3 games, not just one favorable one. Not blaming Liverpool for trying it on, other clubs have done the same and the fault lies with the powers that be for letting clubs get away with it and not having proper rules in place.

If Arsenal postponed the second leg due to Covid for a week until Smith-Rowe, Saka and Odegaard were fully fit I'm sure you'd call it a farce too.....
I remember hearing on the radio it was due to not having the limited squad numbers league games require, the FA cup apparently lets clubs choose from their whole squad including U23, U18's etc, not a preselected and named list of players like the PL,CL etc do. So they were able to call on a different pool of players for the FA Cup game.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

The percentage of false positives is well documented. You think Liverpool haven’t got less than 40 when the predicted rate is 2. Naive or just fluke? You’re intelligent, you choose.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

you suspect clubs aren’t perfect but you don’t see any club falsifying results… make your mind up.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blah, blah, blah blah, blah… what a crock of… like I said, naïve.

Excellent response ?

The percentage of false positives is well documented. You think Liverpool haven’t got less than 40 when the predicted rate is 2. Naive or just fluke? You’re intelligent, you choose.

I have no idea what the percentage is ?‍♂️ Why would I

The clubs report the positive test results to the authorities - I guess if they lied about the number of positive results then it will be easy enough for EFL to find out. But they were satisfied with it - give them a shout and let them know

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Excellent response ?

I have no idea what the percentage is ?‍♂️ Why would I

The clubs report the positive test results to the authorities - I guess if they lied about the number of positive results then it will be easy enough for EFL to find out. But they were satisfied with it - give them a shout and let them know

Yet more blah, blah, blah. Isn’t it amazing how you chase the far end of a fart when it suits but stick your head in the sand when it suits. BTW, I posted the percentage of false positives as per the ONS statistics but you, conveniently ignored it. And you also conveniently ignored the “PCR” comment about when the Prem League dropped them, 4th Jan, but St Kloooop said they’d been used after that date #fishy… amazing how you post detail but then become oh so vague if it doesn’t suit.

Its done, it’s over. The league have accepted it but if you think it doesn’t look a bit odd… aye, that’s fine.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Yet more blah, blah, blah. Isn’t it amazing how you chase the far end of a fart when it suits but stick your head in the sand when it suits. BTW, I posted the percentage of false positives as per the ONS statistics but you, conveniently ignored it. And you also conveniently ignored the “PCR” comment about when the Prem League dropped them, 4th Jan, but St Kloooop said they’d been used after that date #fishy… amazing how you post detail but then become oh so vague if it doesn’t suit.

Its done, it’s over. The league have accepted it but if you think it doesn’t look a bit odd… aye, that’s fine.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Premier League to stop twice-weekly PCR tests for players and staff
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59882084

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-pcr-tests-pcr-test-omicron-b1987290.html?amp

Sorry I thought the report says they were stopping being used from the Thursday which is the 6th - the day the first leg was supposed to be - so the PCR tests that were done on the 4/5th and produced the false positives of were within the guidelines then ?‍♂️

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Premier League to stop twice-weekly PCR tests for players and staff
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59882084

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-pcr-tests-pcr-test-omicron-b1987290.html?amp

Sorry I thought the report says they were stopping being used from the Thursday which is the 6th - the day the first leg was supposed to be - so the PCR tests that were done on the 4/5th and produced the false positives of were within the guidelines then ?‍♂️

The report came out on the Thursday but the start date was the 4th. And you still believe L’pool can get that many FALSE positives when the rate is between 0.3% and 4%? Really? Honestly? C’mon Phil you’re not that stupid. False negatives, yes I can believe it, but false positives?? You’re having a laugh.

With the best will in the world, within the bubble all the teams operate under, you believe in that many false positives? I’m just gobsmacked you believe the propaganda being spouted. But hey, crack on.