The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You forgot to mention that they have a prat for a chairman called Daniel Levy

Bit surprised you say that about Levy, he has overseen the building of the best stadium in Europe.

A astute businessman who has tried to keep a cap on the ridiculous wages that other clubs pay, downside of that is he didn’t invest when we were doing well under Poch, but was restricted that time with the plans for the new ground , but he has made mistakes in the past

As for last nights results it’s clear Conte will have to have a clear out of the a lot of the squad players.

I’m more positive now we have Conte he’s not going to stand for the substandard play from a lot of players.

It won’t be surprising to Spurs fans who will be going hopefully in January, and it’s going to be interesting to see the type of players he brings in

It’s going to take time

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Looking forward to heading down to Palace tomorrow.

A tough to beat team at present - much like Brighton last week - but again, a game Villa need to win to get themselves back into the mix a bit.

Will be a good match up for sure and my last away day for a while as my son is due quite soon!

Up the Villa!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to heading down to Palace tomorrow.

A tough to beat team at present - much like Brighton last week - but again, a game Villa need to win to get themselves back into the mix a bit.

Will be a good match up for sure and my last away day for a while as my son is due quite soon!

Up the Villa!

Many moons ago when I used to go to matches regularly I was always impressed with the amount of Villa fans that would go to away matches and make a lot of noise.

Had a soft spot for Villa ever since plus they had a great strip?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Many moons ago when I used to go to matches regularly I was always impressed with the amount of Villa fans that would go to away matches and make a lot of noise.

Funny how we have differing views based on one historic experience lol

Semi final at Villa park midweek and came out to find the car had been clamped lol, never been a fan since!!!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

We do have brilliant away support. Its taken me years to build up my away criteria but now I dont miss a game! Cant remember the last time we didnt sell out the away end!

D

Deleted member 16999

Interesting play-off draw for World Cup from Europe.

PATH A

Semifinals
Scotland vs. Ukraine
Wales vs. Austria

Final
The winners of Wales vs. Austria will be at home in the final

PATH B

Semifinals
Russia vs. Poland
Sweden vs. Czech Republic

Final
The winners of Russia vs. Poland will be at home in the final

PATH C

Semifinals
Italy vs. North Macedonia
Portugal vs. Turkey

Final
The winners of Portugal vs. Turkey will be at home in the final

The semifinals will be played on Thursday, March 24, with the finals on Tuesday, March 29.

Possibility of a Wales v Scotland and Portugal v Italy play off finals with only 1 from each getting through.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

PATH A

Semifinals
Scotland vs. Ukraine
Wales vs. Austria

Final

PATH B

Semifinals
Russia vs. Poland

Final

PATH C

Semifinals
Portugal vs. Turkey

Final

The semifinals will be played on Thursday, March 24, with the finals on Tuesday, March 29.

Possibility of a Wales v Scotland and Portugal v Italy play off finals with only 1 from each getting through.
We want one good team to miss out, just to be able to point at them. Usually it’s Netherlands or England, this time it is Italy or Portugal. At least one of them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It will be strange if either Italy or Portugal don't qualify. Not sure which would provide the bigger threat. Perhaps Portugal with Ronaldho and his sublime goalscoring record. I thing Italy are beatable and I don't think Southgate would make the same mistakes again.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

PATH A

Semifinals
Scotland vs. Ukraine
Wales vs. Austria

Final

PATH B

Semifinals
Russia vs. Poland

Final

PATH C

Semifinals
Portugal vs. Turkey

Final

Ukraine vs Austria should be a better ?

4LEX

Visit site
It will be strange if either Italy or Portugal don't qualify. Not sure which would provide the bigger threat. Perhaps Portugal with Ronaldho and his sublime goalscoring record. I thing Italy are beatable and I don't think Southgate would make the same mistakes again.

He's already made the same mistake twice. He'll make it again. Croatia, Portugal and Italy are similar sides, fairly defensive with quality in midfield. England would struggle against all three as we'd sit back and get overrun. The only way England win a trophy under Southgate is via a desperate 1-0 or penalty shoot out.

4LEX

Visit site
I wonder if Sessignon regrets leaving Fulham so early? He would have got PL experience last season and continued to build his reputation the season before in the promotion campaign. Hardly been on the pitch at Spurs and another very good player that is still young but now stagnating.

No he's a bluffer out for the money and minimal effort. He should've relished a big move and improved.