The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't understand why the police were retreating when they should be using tasers ................................... or more force.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder what the other Strikers are thinking watching Kane .
He’s out of form and struggling.
He’s to deep and getting in the way more than helping.
Get between the two CBS and stay there.

We've got Foden, Mount, Grealish and Sterling in the area behind the striker. Why on earth is Kane dropping back there? What does he think he adds that the other four can't provide? Get yourself in the box and one of those four will find you at least once and probably twice or three times during the match.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder what the other Strikers are thinking watching Kane .
He’s out of form and struggling.
He’s to deep and getting in the way more than helping.
Get between the two CBS and stay there.
I don't know why you always keep saying that. It's just not his game. It would be like telling Grealish to stop dribbling, or Sterling to score from more than 10 yards out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I even thought the way he flicked at it was intentional in order to bring his foot down quicker and avoid contact.

It has just been pointed out to me as well that the decision for high foot would actually be an indirect free kick inside the box. So to give a penalty the referee must judged it as intentional contact! Mental.
A European ref will give that everyday for high foot.
Dosnt actually catch him but the dive was very convincing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A European ref will give that everyday for high foot.
Dosnt actually catch him but the dive was very convincing.
I remember when Crouch was at Spurs he used to get done for it all the time. Put his foot up at waist height (for him!) to control the ball, someone else would stoop and try to head it, and high foot was given. It was infuriating, there almost never seems to be a point where they say "well he simply shouldn't have stuck his head in there".

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know why you always keep saying that. It's just not his game. It would be like telling Grealish to stop dribbling, or Sterling to score from more than 10 yards out.
He’s out of form.
We don’t need him to be dropping deep as the midfield is quite good.
He’s 15yds out of position when we do get behind them.
Southgate hasn’t got the balls to leave him out and play an inform striker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He’s out of form.
We don’t need him to be dropping deep as the midfield is quite good.
He’s 15yds out of position when we do get behind them.
Southgate hasn’t got the balls to leave him out and play an inform striker.
Don't disagree that he's not playing his best at the moment. But even at 70% he's still more likely to score a goal than Abraham or Watkins I think. They're not exactly glittering options. I'm sure one of them will come on for him with about 20 minutes to go.

D

Deleted member 16999

Very disappointing performance from England, some credit must go to Hungary who were almost back to the Hungarian team we saw at the Euros.

Not sure there were any stand out English players.

One thing that stood out was that we currently don’t have any back up to Kane and Sterling, they didn’t play well, but were still better than what replaced them.

Still, only a month until England v Albania.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't disagree that he's not playing his best at the moment. But even at 70% he's still more likely to score a goal than Abraham or Watkins I think. They're not exactly glittering options. I'm sure one of them will come on for him with about 20 minutes to go.
My main problem with Kane is we have arguably a world class midfield.
We don’t need Kane to be dropping deep.
It works at Spurs because you have Son .
It’s just my opinion but he’s not in position when we get behind the defence.
I think the same at Liverpool with Firmino, but that’s how Klopp plays it.

When Kane is on top form then yes it’s how he plays, but imo he should not have started today.

Far to many back passes from our so called creative midfielders.
But credit to the ops they played very well and deserved a draw imo.

Swango1980

Visit site
Does Southgate simply adore Sterling and Mount. They seem to do no wrong in his eyes. Great managers are not afraid to bench players based on immediate form. Southgate will stick with players for months, if not years, if they have one decent game at the right time.