The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Like Messi “loved” Barca? ?
?

Learned a long time ago that money trumps loyalty

When Pep becomes Newcastle manager Foden will follow ?

Foden is hell of a player - can’t see him leaving City for a long time. I still can’t fathom why City paid £100mil for Grealish when they already had Foden for that exact role - and Foden is 10 times the player Grealish is

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
?

Learned a long time ago that money trumps loyalty

When Pep becomes Newcastle manager Foden will follow ?

Foden is hell of a player - can’t see him leaving City for a long time. I still can’t fathom why City paid £100mil for Grealish when they already had Foden for that exact role - and Foden is 10 times the player Grealish is
Love a bit of hyperbole on a Sunday morning.

D

Deleted member 15344

Love a bit of hyperbole on a Sunday morning.

It’s a saying , a phrase to mean that one person or thing is significantly better than the other - it doesn’t mean someone it literally “ten times better” ?‍♂️

Just one day you won’t post looking to create something ?‍♂️

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Whilst Phil is exaggerating and its not like him, I'd rather have foden over grealish.
I’d probably just about agree but the suggestion that Grealish isn’t a top quality player is ridiculous. He’s proven it over a much longer period than Foden who still has to deal with the pressure of when he’s starting pretty much constantly in City’s biggest games over a couple of seasons, plus Foden has always had a quality team around him whereas Grealish was the main man. Both fantastic players. Grealish would flourish off the left for Liverpool.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s a saying , a phrase to mean that one person or thing is significantly better than the other - it doesn’t mean someone it literally “ten times better” ?‍♂️

Just one day you won’t post looking to create something ?‍♂️
One day you’ll post something sensible and not rely on hyperbole to make a point.

D

Deleted member 15344

One day you’ll post something sensible and not rely on hyperbole to make a point.

There was no hyperbole- as stated if it’s a saying ?

Foden is significantly better than Grealish -Grealish is a very good player who is prob a starter at a mid table team and sits on the bench at the top 4 CL team - Foden has the ability to the best in the Prem and maybe even in Europe - he is that good. England should build the team around him. Grealish was perfect for Villa where as it wasn’t that long ago I thought he would flourish moving to a bigger club

Hope that’s clear enough for you to understand now.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
There was no hyperbole- as stated if it’s a saying ?

Foden is significantly better than Grealish -Grealish is a very good player who is prob a starter at a mid table team and sits on the bench at the top 4 CL team - Foden has the ability to the best in the Prem and maybe even in Europe - he is that good. England should build the team around him. Grealish was perfect for Villa where as it wasn’t that long ago I thought he would flourish moving to a bigger club

Hope that’s clear enough for you to understand now.
I don’t know what this means but I bet it’s a bilgillion wrong.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’d probably just about agree but the suggestion that Grealish isn’t a top quality player is ridiculous. He’s proven it over a much longer period than Foden who still has to deal with the pressure of when he’s starting pretty much constantly in City’s biggest games over a couple of seasons, plus Foden has always had a quality team around him whereas Grealish was the main man. Both fantastic players. Grealish would flourish off the left for Liverpool.

He'd be well behind Origi in our team?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Like Messi “loved” Barca? ?
To be fair, he didn't have a choice in the end. Slightly complicated but something about rules in Spain not allowing new contracts being significantly less than the previous one. This meant the contract was still unaffordable. I thought the same as you at first but had this pointed out. You can Google it for the actual details but this is the gist.

As for Foden, he was pure class last night. Irrespective of the opposition you still have to do it.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Swango1980

Visit site
Having watched the Nations League final last night, the inevitable happened. The rule makers interpretation of the offside law is embarrassing. Seen one or two incidents over the last year, but the issue has largely been brushed under the carpet. Now it had a major impact in a big match (if the Nations League is considered "big"), which will probably force their hand to either change it quietly, or make some excuse thinking fans are naive. I wonder how the Spanish media have discussed it today?

How Mbappe is not offside is an absolute joke. The whole point of the offside rule is to ensure forwards do not just stand high up the pitch, the classical school yard poacher. However, the way the officials have applied the law, they can do exactly that, as long as the defending team lose sight of them and they deflect the forward ball to the striker when trying to cut the ball out.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
For me offside got silly all the way back with passive offside. If we go back to offside is offside and the moment the pass is played then we lose a lot of controversy and it’s easy for all to be on the same page for each play.
No passive becoming active at a later point in the same play, no distracting goalies or defenders, …

Swango1980

Visit site
For me offside got silly all the way back with passive offside. If we go back to offside is offside and the moment the pass is played then we lose a lot of controversy and it’s easy for all to be on the same page for each play.
No passive becoming active at a later point in the same play, no distracting goalies or defenders, …
I get that point, but I am not an age to really remember what offside was like previously. Was the game not stopped a lot more frequently for players in offside positions, even when the player had clearly no impact on the game. Maybe they were down injured, maybe they were jogging back on the right as play developed on the left, maybe they were tying their shoe lace, etc? In fact, if a player took a corner and stayed near the goal line, then a player headed it in the goal, would it be offside, as the player who took the corner was goalside of the last defender? I can see what it was changed to keep the game moving. But they seem to have gone so far the other way, they are close to just binning offside completely.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
says who lol

Saka is a top class youngster and worth a decent chunk but no Foden

Unfortunately the England manager.

Foden started in the first match and was then discarded not be seen again in the Euros......which was nothing short of a disgrace, is nothing short of a disgrace and as we move forward will be looked back on in years to come as a complete shocker.

The same manager who kept Grealish away from the action as much as he could during the Euros, until he could not hold back anymore and he had to put him on the pitch.....but now we pick him in every game.....as he is not at Villa anymore and is a Man City player......despite showing better form with Villa than he has so far this season with Man City (although I'll admit its not been a long period with his new club)

To cap it off, some say this was all a master stroke by Southgate and that it was his tactical genuis that led to us winning games late on when we finally decided to play some football.

Pep will build a team around Foden and Grealish and they will be central to that team for years to come. Why? Because they are arguably the best 2 footballers he has at his disposal.....but England during the Euros could not find a perm start for either of them let alone one of them.....SHOCKING!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having watched the Nations League final last night, the inevitable happened. The rule makers interpretation of the offside law is embarrassing. Seen one or two incidents over the last year, but the issue has largely been brushed under the carpet. Now it had a major impact in a big match (if the Nations League is considered "big"), which will probably force their hand to either change it quietly, or make some excuse thinking fans are naive. I wonder how the Spanish media have discussed it today?

How Mbappe is not offside is an absolute joke. The whole point of the offside rule is to ensure forwards do not just stand high up the pitch, the classical school yard poacher. However, the way the officials have applied the law, they can do exactly that, as long as the defending team lose sight of them and they deflect the forward ball to the striker when trying to cut the ball out.
I didn't watch the game but I saw footage and clips of Mbappe's goal, and he was absolutely offside. How did they still get that wrong with VAR? Someone said a defender touched it, but when paused as the midfielder passes it, Mbappe was already off so the offside should stand. Or have they changed the rule now??