The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

So he’s talking about the Milner foul when one of his own players is the best in the league at it.
He’s right it was a yellow !
The ref is influenced by the crowd we all know that.
Maybe the crowd at City need to shout at the ref more.
Whether other players do it or not is irrelevant, Referees should not be influenced by a home crowd, any home crowd!

If we are going by the old addage of “people in glass houses” then no manager ever will be able to point out when Refs mess up.

Bringing in other players is simply a dead cat, especially when Pep wasn’t complaining about what Milner did, he never said anything about the players.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find this quite incredible....

1633369950100.png

If those had gone for him he would've been considered a success. I'm sure that some of them were well offside but some would have only have been inches.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd take Haaland over Salah.

Haaland certainly has age on his side and has done well at Dortmund and it’s going to interesting to see when he makes the next step up and to a big club and starts to make the difference with added pressure

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
OGS seems to have the full backing of the United board however the next 4 week's don't look particularly pleasant and, conceivably, the season could be over with the following fixtures...

Leicester (A)
Liverpool (H)
Spurs (A)
City (H)
Plus Atalanta home and away in the CL

I think the thing that saves him at the moment is the lack of viable alternatives however if someone were to come on the market and the games above don't produce points is he going to be close to the end?

Big Sam’s a free agent isn’t he?

D

Deleted member 15344

OGS seems to have the full backing of the United board however the next 4 week's don't look particularly pleasant and, conceivably, the season could be over with the following fixtures...

Leicester (A)
Liverpool (H)
Spurs (A)
City (H)
Plus Atalanta home and away in the CL

I think the thing that saves him at the moment is the lack of viable alternatives however if someone were to come on the market and the games above don't produce points is he going to be close to the end?

Conte is available and would be a huge improvement- the issue is he doesn’t appear to stay long at clubs

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To me this reads like a damning criticism that he can't manage to stay onside.

It really depends on how many of them were well offside and how many of them were finger nail just in front of defenders little toe offside after 5 minutes of drawing lines on the screen. We know that the frames per second aren't high enough for it to be totally accurate so it depends on what frame they pick. It could be that he is making the perfect run but the technology wasn't accurate enough to prove it.

Or the above could all be nonsense and he's a Muppet that needs to learn to stay onside.

Swango1980

Visit site
Agree with Colchester. He joined Chelsea at a time the officials were royally messing up in the use of VAR, trying to use it to the nth degree of detail when it was not accurate enough to do so. Maybe he is also just a player who's style is to break offside traps and run through on goal, but needs to get used to his team mates, his team mates to him, so they can time the passes and runs properly. So, will give him a little leeway on that note.

However, I always get the impression that his finishing is pretty poor, especially for a forward

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It really depends on how many of them were well offside and how many of them were finger nail just in front of defenders little toe offside after 5 minutes of drawing lines on the screen. We know that the frames per second aren't high enough for it to be totally accurate so it depends on what frame they pick. It could be that he is making the perfect run but the technology wasn't accurate enough to prove it.

Or the above could all be nonsense and he's a Muppet that needs to learn to stay onside.
I suppose it could be seen either way. But I guess I thought 5 of them would be unlucky or maybe even 10.. but 16 of them means he should probably have adjusted the timing of his runs by now. What's that adage about doing the same thing and expecting a different result? :LOL: