The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

As a United regular I’ll tell you he’s lucky to be in this squad. Massively overrated, regardless of what the statisticians tell you.

He seems to be lacking any sort of confidence right now and also not sure if he has any injury issues but there no doubt he is still imo a quality player to come of the bench and provide pace to run at defenders. Happy to take him at Liverpool if UTD want rid

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I enjoyed it.
I thought England did very well despite picking the wrong team ............................ according to Slime!
But he proved me wrong.
Croatia looked poor, largely because they were made to look so.
England's pressing was excellent, given the heat they were playing in.
Trippier did nothing wrong and Sterling did well despite a woeful start.
I'd still strat a left back at left back and, probably, switch Trippier to right back.
I'd also definitely start DCL in place of Kane, England's poorest player today.
I'd also still put Grealish in and have Sterling on the bench.
Kalvin Phillips was superb today, deffo MOM in my eyes.
A 1-0 win and positive news about Erikson has put a little spring in Slime's step. :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
He seems to be lacking any sort of confidence right now and also not sure if he has any injury issues but there no doubt he is still imo a quality player to come of the bench and provide pace to run at defenders. Happy to take him at Liverpool if UTD want rid

Hands off, he's going nowhere.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Make us a bid!

His decision making is appalling, and I’m not sure that’s down to confidence, less so an injury. Time and again he opts to try and run straight through defenders as though they’re not there, losing possession and ending up on his backside - he does it so often it’s unbelievable.

And don’t even get me started on his finishing. He’ll miss more straightforward 1v1’s than he’ll put away. I’ve said it now for a couple of seasons - Martial is a far better finisher, but has an appalling attitude.

Rashford is nowhere near world class. Not even close. And if any club was bonkers enough to offer the sums of money some suggest he’s worth, I’d bite their arm off.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just in from the course, seen the result, great start to the tournament for us, happy days.???????

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Imagine if a Liverpool player did that charity work ??

MGFore

Visit site
Well if someone had said we start the tournament with a 1-0 win I would have been happy.

Kalvin Philips, wow. I can see why Leeds had a dip when he was out of the side with injury and his Nan passing away. Solid game.

Walker was the one that made me nervous, but in reality he was never fully tested defensive wise.

I would have liked to have seen more from Kane and Foden. I.e get them on the ball more. But hey, a win, 3 points and something to build on.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sat down and thought about it and got to say we were rammel. A right back at left back ?
2 defensive midfielders.
Nope it felt like we were in 2nd gear with the handbrake on

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched a different modric :) more passes than anyone, more key passes than anyone, barely gave the ball away all game, all in a side who were clearly second best

Do you mean more passes on the Croatia side? Because Phillips had the most passes and interventions than anybody else.
Moddric was very average today, just a few decent passes because of England's pressing and energy.

Well played England today, and there's plenty more to come, its just the opening game in the group and we have a Squad of players to choose from.

Oh, and Rio Ferdinand
is a great pundit!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did not see the game, busy in the garden.
Just seen the stats and they have it as a dead level game apart from the goal.

It was. England started well for the first 20 minutes and then Croatia came back in to it. The second half was pretty even. But apart from the goal neither team really created a lot of good chances.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you mean more passes on the Croatia side? Because Phillips had the most passes and interventions than anybody else.
Moddric was very average today, just a few decent passes because of England's pressing and energy.

Well played England today, and there's plenty more to come, its just the opening game in the group and we have a Squad of players to choose from.

Oh, and Rio Ferdinando is a great pundit!

no i didnt, site i looked at he had more touches than anyone else earlier, seems actually trippier had more now. but philips didnt, not even close

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...al-European-Championship-2020-England-Croatia

I know not all stats are the same, which site are you looking at?