The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Lot of pre tourney chat about vulnerable and fragile defence. Clean sheet and a win against the bookies toughest group game - my glass is half full ?

Obviously more games to come & hopefully tougher (predicted) challenges. Happy to reflect on those as & when...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lot of pre tourney chat about vulnerable and fragile defence. Clean sheet and a win against the bookies toughest group game - my glass is half full ?

Obviously more games to come & hopefully tougher (predicted) challenges. Happy to reflect on those as & when...
If they don’t concede at all will Southgate change the defensive partnership?
When all are fit!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It was. England started well for the first 20 minutes and then Croatia came back in to it. The second half was pretty even. But apart from the goal neither team really created a lot of good chances.
Apart from hitting the post ? yup bang average.
Hopefully Doon is not busy in the garden on Friday ??

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
no i didnt, site i looked at he had more touches than anyone else earlier, seems actually trippier had more now. but philips didnt, not even close

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...al-European-Championship-2020-England-Croatia

I know not all stats are the same, which site are you looking at?

None, I watched the game. I don't believe those stats and from what I saw Phillips had much more influence on the game than Modric. He may have had more tippy tappy passes but none that I really noticed. ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
yes imo, will bring maguire in as soon as he is fully fit

Am sure he will, but if Stones and Mings keep another clean sheet on Friday am asking myself why would he bring in Maguire. Not just that who would he drop. The money would be on Mings, but at the moment he and Stones have done nowt wrong.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
None, I watched the game. I don't believe those stats and from what I saw Phillips had much more influence on the game than Modric. He may have had more tippy tappy passes but none that I really noticed. ?

so youre claiming the stats are wrong and your subjective view is more accurate than someone whos actually being paid to count these things by watching the video, pausing and registering every action in the game, ok :)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Am sure he will, but if Stones and Mings keep another clean sheet on Friday am asking myself why would he bring in Maguire. Not just that who would he drop. The money would be on Mings, but at the moment he and Stones have done nowt wrong.
I've been critical of Mings, but he was excellent today. And even though I'm not a fan, I'd prefer him to Maguire.

D

Deleted member 15344

This has been one of the best game so far - really open and some great attacking play , Holland look very tidy

Also great to hear a commentator who just seems to love to watch the game and always seems positive about the players - Ally McCoist

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This has been one of the best game so far - really open and some great attacking play , Holland look very tidy

Also great to hear a commentator who just seems to love to watch the game and always seems positive about the players - Ally McCoist

this Wynaldum lad looks a player, sort of kid Liverpool could do with ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes a lot of Modric passes were in front of the two HM never really hurt us .
He got deeper and deeper as the game went on.
Still good player to watch makes it look easy.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
so youre claiming the stats are wrong and your subjective view is more accurate than someone whos actually being paid to count these things by watching the video, pausing and registering every action in the game, ok :)

Statistics, those damn statistics!
As I said, he may have had more tippy tappy touches but didn't have nearly as much influence on the game as Phillips did.