The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Kante deserves every single one of the plaudits. He is an immense player.

Mate of mine is a Leicester City season ticket holder and said that back in 2015/16, when all the talk was of Vardy and his goals, the title win was down to Kante. His departure was a massive loss.

The best defensive midfielder in the Premier League by an absolute mile.

Agreed. Back in 2015/16 he was immense, although the the title win was down to a collective effort of which he was definitely one of the central cogs.

We are fortunate in that we fairly quickly found a replacement, Ndidi, who doesn't have the same engine, but is as good a tackler and interceptor of the ball.

D

Deleted member 15344

So with Greenwood out that will mean Watkins in which is great reward for him

The 6 others I see missing out are

Ramsdale
TAA
White
Godfrey
Ward Prowse
Lingard

If Maguire is injured then straight choice between white and Godfrey

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, I wonder how the Euros differs from the Champions League in that these matches can go ahead at Wembley but not the Champions League final. Do UEFA have no sponsors etc that have to be allowed in to matches. Are they all quarantining etc.

International sporting tournaments do still concern me a bit on a global basis. The struggles to force the Olympics to take place, Copa America being moved out of a covid hotspot into the home of once of the variants of concern, lions tour still off to South Africa, travel restrictions across Europe but the Euros can go ahead. Not being a killjoy but just cannot quite get the logic of this.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Looks like Real Madrid have decided who their new manager will be

Everton potentially looking for someone new - Howe is free but then so is the Big Man - Allardyce ?
3 years left on his deal. We want a big payoff, a choice of 2 players (Isco ideally and one other for the hell of it), 3 replica shirts, 2 commerative glasses and 5 mouse mats :LOL:. It will be a shame if he goes but Real Madrid are a big beast and I would wish him well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope we held out for the commerative glasses :LOL:.

In all honesty, we can not block a move like that. We just have to get the best deal we can and wish him well. At least if it happens now we can hopefully get someone in quickly so that we don't lose the summer. The biggest blow is his name brought us players we may otherwise not have got but life moves on.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site

In all honesty, we can not block a move like that. We just have to get the best deal we can and wish him well. At least if it happens now we can hopefully get someone in quickly so that we don't lose the summer. The biggest blow is his name brought us players we may otherwise not have got but life moves on.

Well it's not going to be helped with Spurs, Palace and Wolves also needing new managers as well. Jesus we need someone decent and more long term

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well it's not going to be helped with Spurs, Palace and Wolves also needing new managers as well. Jesus we need someone decent and more long term
Wolves will go down the Portugese route (shouldn't affect us), Palace should not be in the same game as us. Spurs are obsessing about Poch so we need to be quick whilst they are distracted. I may have gone slightly soft but Howe is someone I think we should have a serious look at. If not then the fad is for European managers and I don't know enough about the intricacies of the European leagues to comment.

D

Deleted member 15344

Apparently the name in the mix is one “Steven Gerrard” ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
assume hes treating walker and/or james as centre halves so that he could pick all 4, does seem lopsided, think Watkins would have given an alternative option and Lingaard a bit unlucky based on recent form