The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
He’s spent just over £225 Million in 12 months, can’t say he hasn’t been backed.

They backed him to get top four and qualify for Champs League, but since then the Glazers have just watched every other club strengthen their squads whilst United haven't.
That's their business model.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What I've been saying about spuds for ages .. spend some money on signings to have a chance ..

Bale has lifted the club and given son a kick up the bum to up his game again and so he has
It's amazing what effect a star signing can make, United should try it.
Leave it out, he's not even played! I really think it's just that Mourinho is finally getting what he wants from these players. Ndombele has stepped up, Kane looks sharp, even Dier has been relatively solid compared to how he usually is.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ole's not the immediate problem at United. Woodward and the Glazers are. They need a proper director of football before they need a new manager.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Leave it out, he's not even played! I really think it's just that Mourinho is finally getting what he wants from these players. Ndombele has stepped up, Kane looks sharp, even Dier has been relatively solid compared to how he usually is.

Hardly. Bale has lifted the club. Signing a super star can lift the entire team. Even just having him around the ground.

It's made son up his game. Knowing he could be replaced by bale

Kane knows now the club has ambition rather than no interest in anything

It's so obvious

Jose is a factor aswell but the bale signing is a signal of intent

D

Deleted member 16999

They backed him to get top four and qualify for Champs League, but since then the Glazers have just watched every other club strengthen their squads whilst United haven't.
That's their business model.
The squad is still full of quality players and they aren’t getting the basics right, surely that’s down to the manager and coaching staff?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hardly. Bale has lifted the club. Signing a super star can lift the entire team. Even just having him around the ground.

It's made son up his game. Knowing he could be replaced by bale

Kane knows now the club has ambition rather than no interest in anything

It's so obvious

Jose is a factor aswell but the bale signing is a signal of intent

I think you're over egging it far too much as it fits your narrative tbh.

Son was never in danger. Lamela, Moura, Bergwijn, and Alli will all play less now, but Son is first choice every day of the week.

Lets not forget he's only a loan signing. it's costing Spurs £20m isn't it? That's chicken feed in the prem.