The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Shocking. We've sorted out the main problem area in the squad this summer which is the midfield, now it's time to get a new keeper in, sick of the constant and regular errors.

Worrying that Seamus has gone off. With Kenny already out injured we're now having to play Davies at RB. Squad looks decent I think but a bit thin at the minute and the drop-off in quality is significant.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange one from Brighton !
Pickford makes a huge error in really bad conditions and they hardly put a cross Or shot on him again all day.
CB s come up for corners and they play everyone short and end up with their own keeper with the ball.
Clinical from Blues and defended well .
Think Brighton made it easy for them though to many mistakes.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Shocking. We've sorted out the main problem area in the squad this summer which is the midfield, now it's time to get a new keeper in, sick of the constant and regular errors.

Worrying that Seamus has gone off. With Kenny already out injured we're now having to play Davies at RB. Squad looks decent I think but a bit thin at the minute and the drop-off in quality is significant.
Have you sorted out the main problem though. .?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even funnier was one of the pundits at half time trying to say the weather played a part in the error!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That was Sidwell, I've got no idea what his point was. Yes rain makes the ball more slippery, but a Premier League goal should be good enough to overcome that! Not to mention an England number 1.
Thought I saw you were doing a deal for Max Aarons?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think so, midfield was the obvious problem area last season, we were so bad in the middle of the park. Allan and Doucoure are a massive upgrade on what we had and been excellent so far.
I just think defenders clear balls sometimes when they should leave it to the keeper .
He would make me nervous playing in front of him.
All keepers make mistakes Though especially in that rain ,it’s been horrendous here today.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems Popes been studying Pickfords perfromances to try and get his England place lol
Typical on a day when Pickford drops another clanger, Pope has to play total crap as well. I don't think anyone actually wants to be England's number one.

D

Deleted member 16999

Typical on a day when Pickford drops another clanger, Pope has to play total crap as well. I don't think anyone actually wants to be England's number one.
Henderson, but I don’t think Southgate will play him if he doesn’t get much game time at Utd!

Sad state affairs while he still see’s (probably) Pickford as the best of a bad bunch.