The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Levels again.

They have different aspirations. Moyes is a very good PL manager, but not what a top club should aspire to have imo.

Spot on. It’s no surprise he’s been relatively successful at West Ham, a club of similar size and with similar aspirations to Everton. United was too big a leap, especially being the first post-Ferguson manager.

Swango1980

Visit site
So Carricks first step is dropping Fernandes to the bench , bringing in VDB , also Martial and Sancho to support Ronaldo
Well, I certainly respect him for being bold. Bruno's form has not deserved a spot, whilst VDB and Sancho deserve a shot. Maybe it'll make no difference to form, but intrigued anyway. Perhaps it might show that Ole really was scared to drop certain players, and the coaching staff did not necessarily agree with this.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
????? yeah alright, its his teamates fault??‍♂️??‍♂️

When things are going wrong 1st and foremost you take responsibility for your own actions and performances.

It's basic stuff like controlling the ball. His 3rd touch on saturday was a real heavy one that led him to foul Cleverley. He does it so often. You can't blame Fred for that?

I think your Yernited bias is clouding your judgement on his actual ability.

I didn't actually say that, I merely pointed out that they offered no help when they should have done.
Maguire cocked up, no doubt.

Oh, and my bias has never been in doubt, I've admitted that on many occasions.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Indeed, most of Maguire's good work at Leicester was done with Kante in front of him and I suspect he could make even the worst of defenses shine.
It was Ndidi. Kante was already at Chelsea when Leicester signed Maguire, but the same principle applies.

in Maguire’s first season he had a habit of taking the ball deep into the opposition half, losing it and leaving Morgan and Simpson to try and deal with a fast counter, often with predictable results. Second season he stuck to his own half except for set pieces. He did look better on the ball then than he does now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A front three all apparently playing in their best positions. A horribly out of form Fernandes dropped. Ditto Rashford. And Van de Beek gets a start.

Got some balls, Carrick.
At the end of the day he knows Poch is coming so why not be brave (or reckless). Got through the first half ok and see what happens when the subs start coming on. Still look fragile at the back

D

Deleted member 1740

Given the recent results, a 0-0 isnt a bad result all things considered

D

Deleted member 15344

Proper smash and grab

Sat deep most game looking to sneak something

Sancho has been lively tonight , it’s not an easy watch but going to effective

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Smash and grab or not, getting the job done and as everyone says (especially when a manager is sacked) its a results game. Wouldn't be the first English side to sneak a dodgy 1-0 away from home in Europe. Get the job done whatever it takes

D

Deleted member 1740

Rashford has changed the game, gave Yernited an out ball.

Winning ugly in Europe is nothing to be scoffed at.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Jamie Carragher @Carra23
now
Man Utd might not thank me, but get the contract out put it on the table & let him sign it, let him right whatever numbers he wants, let him sign the contract. Carrick’s at the wheel man! #VILMUN @ChampionsLeague

lol