The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Phil McNulty isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he’s pretty much got this nailed on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59367516

i have read some of McNultys pieces in the past and to be honest he has been rubbish. States the obvious, has had a Utd love in for years and I have lost count the amount of pieces he has written saying mangers should be sacked. A poor choice for a “ Chief football writer”.

D

Deleted member 15344

French football at it again, Lyon Marseille currently suspended after Dmitri Payet was hit by a bottle thrown from the Lyon fans whilst preparing to take a corner

Ref currently refusing to restart the match on all accounts

Maybe if theyd dealt with the Nice incident differently they may not be having the same problem over again

It always seems to involve Payet and Marseille?

Has something happened to create all this issues ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It always seems to involve Payet and Marseille?

Has something happened to create all this issues ?

"Dimitri Payet sparks pitch invasion after throwing bottle back at Nice fans during Marseille clash – Metro" https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/22/dimi...rowing-bottle-back-at-nice-fans-15133919/amp/

He doesn't have much luck with bottles

I heard it's why a player with his such obvious talents ended up with us for only 11 mil. Nobody at a top club would touch him due to his attuide

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Apparently United will move for Poch sooner rather than later which both he and PSG are open to, Zidane (who doesn't want United) would then take over at PSG. I think this would be a good move, I worry that waiting until the end of the season will just result in another season of upheaval and the summer break is shorter given the winter break (World Cup). Would be far better to see if you can get the next permanent manager in now to let them see how this season and get any business done in the summer. That said the powers that be at United cannot be trusted to do anything sensible so we will see.

D

Deleted member 15344

Apparently United will move for Poch sooner rather than later which both he and PSG are open to, Zidane (who doesn't want United) would then take over at PSG. I think this would be a good move, I worry that waiting until the end of the season will just result in another season of upheaval and the summer break is shorter given the winter break (World Cup). Would be far better to see if you can get the next permanent manager in now to let them see how this season and get any business done in the summer. That said the powers that be at United cannot be trusted to do anything sensible so we will see.
In other good news though Woodward appears willing to stay on longer to ensure it’s a smooth transition ?

Swango1980

Visit site
It would make sense, even from PSGs point of view (or any club if another manager was being touted). Otherwise they have to play the remainder or the season with heavy rumours that their manager will be off at the end of the season anyway. That would probably destabilise their players / fans anyway.

I heard Steve Bruce was very keen to speak to Manchester Utd...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think United need Poch asap. Carrick in charge is worse than having OGS at the helm and it can only get worse for United without a decent manager at the helm who will get the best from the squad. They have the players but need to play as a team and not 11 individuals. Will Poch manage to control all the egos in that dressing room? I guess he has had a similar situation at PSG but they are playing in a less competitive league (imo) and title already looks decided so surely easier to keep them all happy

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Poch will be at United by the end of the month. The ridiculous media flirting has already started, the 'he is Ferguson's choice to replace' ' Poch would be open to an offer from united etc'. Basically 2 PR teams smoothing the way for the 2 clubs to meet and sign a deal. Zidane will go to PSG, Poch will go to United and i can see it being sorted after this week's champions league matches.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poch will be at United by the end of the month. The ridiculous media flirting has already started, the 'he is Ferguson's choice to replace' ' Poch would be open to an offer from united etc'. Basically 2 PR teams smoothing the way for the 2 clubs to meet and sign a deal. Zidane will go to PSG, Poch will go to United and i can see it being sorted after this week's champions league matches.
I thought that was Moyesy?

D

Deleted member 15344

That’s also one of the issues right now

Ferguson continuing to hang around and have an influence on what’s happening

His actions when he retired were a big reason for there issues

It should be time for him to just remove himself and just watch the games

We had the same sort of issue when Shankly left and Paisley took over - Shanks kept hanging around and players kept referring to him as boss etc so Paisley had to tell him to stop turning up at training